• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man 2 more important to the Marvel Cinematic Universe than first thought

45 posts in this topic

I just don't have the disposable income for DVDs or the like.

I have covered this before, so I'll stop now - I don't want to get this thread locked.

:ohnoez:

-slym

If your library system is anything like ours, all of those movies and t.v. shows should be available for check out. If your local library doesn't have them you should be able to place a hold on a copy that's in the library system and it will get delivered to your local library.

There may be a nominal fee for placing the hold. We used to charge like 10 cents, now it's free.

?...and number 2 you don't need to see it in the context of the story-line lineage of the Marvel cinematic universe that show any kind of meaningful future events.

I'm not so sure about this.

The outcome of Stark's paranoia in IM3 is that he has the epiphany that he needs to be less personally reliant on the armor.

From what I've seen of Avengers 2 in the trailers, I wonder if this character development in IM3 is what leads him to start developing the Ultron drones.

That Manderian featurett on the Thor:TDW may just be complete throw-away. Or not.

The tattoo on Guy Pierce's chest in IM3 looks a lot like the one Iron First has. With the Netflix Iron Fist show coming out it wouldn't surprise me if Marvel makes the Manderian their version of Ra's al Ghul in that show.

I could be completely wrong, but IM3 may not be as unimportant to the overall Marvel narrative as we might think.

I have covered this before, so I'll stop now - I don't want to get this thread locked.

If your library system is anything like ours, all of those movies and t.v. shows should be available for check out. If your local library doesn't have them you should be able to place a hold on a copy that's in the library system and it will get delivered to your local library.

There may be a nominal fee for placing the hold. We used to charge like 10 cents, now it's free.

You know, I never thought about that...

:doh:

Thanks for the awesome suggestion!!!

:applause:

-slym (14 movies, not counting those seen already but needed to watch again for continuity)

You know, I never thought about that...

:doh:

Thanks for the awesome suggestion!!!

:applause:

-slym

Enjoy your Marvel marathon. :D (thumbs u

?...and number 2 you don't need to see it in the context of the story-line lineage of the Marvel cinematic universe that show any kind of meaningful future events.

I'm not so sure about this.

The outcome of Stark's paranoia in IM3 is that he has the epiphany that he needs to be less personally reliant on the armor.

From what I've seen of Avengers 2 in the trailers, I wonder if this character development in IM3 is what leads him to start developing the Ultron drones.

That Manderian featurett on the Thor:TDW may just be complete throw-away. Or not.

The tattoo on Guy Pierce's chest in IM3 looks a lot like the one Iron First has. With the Netflix Iron Fist show coming out it wouldn't surprise me if Marvel makes the Manderian their version of Ra's al Ghul in that show.

I could be completely wrong, but IM3 may not be as unimportant to the overall Marvel narrative as we might think.

Thats what I thought.