• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IDW Transformers G1 Continuity Appreciation Thread
4 4

523 posts in this topic

MTMTE #19 RI

Looks like another popped up for sale.

Overpriced a little IMO (just like the 9.0 slab out there and why it hasn't sold in almost 8 months), my average for a RAW is $300 shipped (Internationally too).

No shots of the back cover, or out of the bag/board. Some of those hard stress marks look more 8.5 than 9.0 but a press could be good. A lot of attention has been brought on this book lately for being a very desirable variant that is hard to find so I guess we have to see what happens with it.

I totally agree on the overpriced part. The graded 9.0 was a bogus grade. I've seen that book in person and it should be a 9.4 at the lowest.

The new one that is listed needs some shots of the back cover. Like you said earlier, the front cover is forgiving to creases, but it won't mean anything if the back has color breaks.

Yeah 350 is a little on the high side. And no back cover pics to boot.

As for reading, Till All Are One has been a pleasant surprise, I've really been enjoying it. Now of course Revolution is starting, hope the Transformers line stays quality.

Edited by FutureFlash

I've been poking around Ebay and other sites and am curious. how much should I expect to pay for the ASM 50 homage cover of all hail megatron 12?

I got the OA for it about 6 months ago and would really like to have the actual comic to hang next to it on the wall.

But i'm worried that the physical comic might cost me more than I paid for the OA at this point. I can't find a single copy even in sold listings or whispered about online.

I've been poking around Ebay and other sites and am curious. how much should I expect to pay for the ASM 50 homage cover of all hail megatron 12?

I got the OA for it about 6 months ago and would really like to have the actual comic to hang next to it on the wall.

But i'm worried that the physical comic might cost me more than I paid for the OA at this point. I can't find a single copy even in sold listings or whispered about online.

I haven't seen one of those books in quite a while. I remember one maybe less than a year go going for over a hundred but I can't find the listing to confirm. I would say $100 minimum just because the next one that goes up for sale will most likely be the only one for sale, so it's pretty much a seller's market for the book. You may be able to snag one for cheap though if a graded copy pops up on Comic Link or one of the other auction sites.

It's a tough one to find and likely lower print run that the #1 Killing Joke swipe being issue #12. Apocalypse Comics would be the only people who would know exact numbers, but judging from the availability of #1 compared to #12, it's clearly the ghost of the 2.

edit: WorthPoint has it listed as last sold in 2015. So it's a current ghost and I am not a member to see what it last sold for.

I got mine with the #1 a few years ago from the same seller. Midtown sold them for $5.53 at one point as well. I paid about 10X that for it I am sure.

Good luck and POST THE ORIGINAL ART!!!!!

As with any niche collectible, you can either set a high Buy It Now price and do best offer, or start an auction and hope for a high final sales price with a comfortable reserve.