• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IDW Transformers G1 Continuity Appreciation Thread
4 4

523 posts in this topic

I've been poking around Ebay and other sites and am curious. how much should I expect to pay for the ASM 50 homage cover of all hail megatron 12?

I got the OA for it about 6 months ago and would really like to have the actual comic to hang next to it on the wall.

But i'm worried that the physical comic might cost me more than I paid for the OA at this point. I can't find a single copy even in sold listings or whispered about online.

It's a tough one to find and likely lower print run that the #1 Killing Joke swipe being issue #12. Apocalypse Comics would be the only people who would know exact numbers, but judging from the availability of #1 compared to #12, it's clearly the ghost of the 2.

edit: WorthPoint has it listed as last sold in 2015. So it's a current ghost and I am not a member to see what it last sold for.

I got mine with the #1 a few years ago from the same seller. Midtown sold them for $5.53 at one point as well. I paid about 10X that for it I am sure.

Good luck and POST THE ORIGINAL ART!!!!!

As with any niche collectible, you can either set a high Buy It Now price and do best offer, or start an auction and hope for a high final sales price with a comfortable reserve.

Thanks for all the great info guys.

ok, that is more palatable than I expected. I saw those previous results was was worried i was going to be hearing $300+ for that comic. I have an ebay alert setup already and good idea on setting up an alert on Clink and HA, never know.

Here's the OA. I don't have any pictures of it in the frame though.

f8VAdufE_0402162022251.jpg

Edited by Pete Marino

Thanks guys, I did indeed buy it directly from Casey. A really nice guy for sure.

He even gracefully explained why he'd never sell his killing joke cover, which I'm sure he's been asked 1 million times

I've heard him say the same thing. I could have sworn he said on twitter with in the last year that he gifted it to a friend of his. But I can't find a mention of it now. Maybe I'm wrong.

Hi anybody got a MTMTE #19 RI cover for sale at a sensible price to go in my collection ?

It's a 1:25, less than 300 Shipped out, and $300 is an average price for that book.

Good luck.

I'd price gouge the heck out of that book if I had an extra.

Someone pulled the trigger on the MTMTE 19 RI eBay auction @ $350. Anolotis was that you?

I haven't been to NYCC since signatures were FREE in 1994. lol

No sorry it was not me

If anything I am sorry it wasn't you, and wish you nabbed that MTMTE 19RI. It took over a year before I found 1 copy, let alone the 3 total I have owned. Only one left in the PC though or I would offer you a copy.

Well, someone here wanted proof they got out, they got out.

I'm just a monitor. lol

My Grail of Grails is a set of TF#22 and #23 RI Both Signature Series 9.8 Alex Milne/James Roberts. They don't exist, but I am trying to make them.......transform. (Say what?) :headbang: