• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOP CLASSIC COVERS OF THE BRONZE AGE

77 posts in this topic

I am posting this list of what are arguably the top Bronze Age Comic Covers. I invite you to post what you believe are the top covers of the Bronze Age. For me the Bronze Age starts in April 1970 with Green Lantern 76 and ends with the Secret Wars and Crisis on Infinite Earths.

The covers that I am putting forward are:

Green Lantern 76

Conan 1, 3, & 24

Superman 233

House of Secrets 92

House of Secrets 100

New Gods 1

Hulk 141, 181

Fantastic Four 112

X-men 94

Moon Knight 25

Star Spangled War Stories 151

I understand that in many cases believing that a cover is a classic can be a matter of taste. But I do believe that the above mentioned covers would in most cases, be on most collectors' lists.

Let's try to get a consensus.

Please tell me what you think. I am looking forward to hearing your views.

The covers that I am putting forward are:

Green Lantern 76

Conan 1, 3, & 24

Superman 233

House of Secrets 92

House of Secrets 100

New Gods 1

Hulk 141, 181

Fantastic Four 112

X-men 94

Moon Knight 25

Star Spangled War Stories 151

Define " classic "? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This is classic to me.... cloud9.gif

0DD1589.jpg

Only one Byrne? You're slipping. poke2.gif

Didn't want you to flame me again. shy.gif

So much for that strategy.... flamed.gif

I just want you to know I care. tongue.gif

What's so great about the Ironman 80? I prefer Ironman 47.

More Kirby squiggles, clearly establishing that Ironman just had an Armor-All treatment at the local car wash!

Seriously, great composition and colors on the 80, plus the return of the King to a character he co-developed. The 47 is a cool one, too.

What's so great about the Ironman 80? I prefer Ironman 47.

I guess it's just personal preference. The 47 doesn't excite me very much. The concept is a rip-off of Supes #233, or Supes #11, and the art is typical Marvel for the period.

I LOVE the job the colorist did on the Iron Man #80, but especially how Kirby drew Iron Man. Looks like he's about to fly right off the cover. I like how he positioned Iron Man's hands on those two moons. Gives the impression that Iron Man controls them somehow. There are VERY few Marvel covers that I could care less about, but the #80 is awesome.