• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Round of 16

38 posts in this topic

16 Unca Scrooge [71]

12 toro [82]

11 quadman78 [65]

7 Jeffro™ [47]

8 comicdey [78]

13 ARK [50]

6 jsilverjanet [63]

15 letsgrumble [45]

1 LordRahl [60]

11 Amazing Spidey [68]

16 Mike's Rack [68]

2 Boboset [63]

8 mccollect [63]

14 catrick339 [50]

13 iceman399 [54]

15 drewincanada [58]

Wow, I can't believe that the condition of Bats 189 with that stain on the front got a 4.5. I had that down at 3.5, but I almost went to 4.0.

If I would have graded that as a 4.5 people would send it back. I had it as a 3.0/3.5 with the stain and torn up spine. crazy.

Wow, I can't believe that the condition of Bats 189 with that stain on the front got a 4.5. I had that down at 3.5, but I almost went to 4.0.

If I would have graded that as a 4.5 people would send it back. I had it as a 3.0/3.5 with the stain and torn up spine. crazy.

Yup. No way in hell that's a 4.5 Looked textbook 3.0 to me.

Oh well.

I see the juggernaut that is Toro into lane far ahead.....

Here was my mind wanderings....

Early grading...

getting it done.

BAT final grade 4.0

(ranged from 3.5 all the way up to 5.5, but the stain and spine...oh my, want to grade it lower, but the main image is pretty clean for a low grade, spine might kill me and that would push it lower....how much damage can a spine truly have)

CAP final grade 9.2

(ranged 9.2 to 9.4 but that micro tiny fold on the back of the cover corner finally pushed it down....probably wrong as it presents nicely)

GR final grade 7.0

(ranged from 6.5-7.5 but the corner crease and the water spot damage? made me think 7.0...just too nice for a 6.5?, but it's probably lower than 7.0)

Shanna final grade 9.6

(this was a 9.4 to 9.6 range for me, even under the micro, it looks nice. back edge possible staining could kill me on this one, but I think it's just paper oils and CGC will still give it the nod, swinging for the fence on this one, but it's probably lower)

Cheers,

And thanks for running the contest again.

No Muss no Fuss....

the Cinderella story continues but I think I'm facing Comicdey in this round :cry:

I should be easy pickings for you...

Look out for Toro. I don't think he's ever won this and I'm sure he's gunning.

the Cinderella story continues but I think I'm facing Comicdey in this round :cry:

That is correct, I've never won in this format. But I usually stumble somewhere along the way. This format is so much tougher then a Nik style contest. In those you can recover from a bad round, in this style one bad round or one very good round from your opponent and you are bounced.

I'm getting the bridesmaid dress altered right now as I have dropped a couple of pounds since last year. :grin:

That is correct, I've never won in this format. But I usually stumble somewhere along the way. This format is so much tougher then a Nik style contest. In those you can recover from a bad round, in this style one bad round or one very good round from your opponent and you are bounced.

I'm getting the bridesmaid dress altered right now as I have dropped a couple of pounds since last year. :grin:

Where as I always miss rounds in Nik's contest and have never fared that well.....always the groom with a runaway bride.

Me, I was delighted to have made it to the Sweet Sixteen this time around.

That blasted Batman did me bad, just as I suspected it might, lol