• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Regrettable sales you made recently i.e. what sale makes you feel like a toolbox

66 posts in this topic

I sold 17 of my 20 EOSV #2 for cover :cry:

Not to me. My LCS didn't think I would want one so I am still without one. Eventually the price will calm on that book. It is sad when I can pick up 5.5-6.5 copies of ASM 31, the first appearance of Gwen for less than people are asking for EOSV #2 in 9.8.

That makes no sense to me either, same with respectable copies of #121.

It's the modern pump & dump market in full effect. If anyone thinks that EOSV #2 is actually going to sustain value over the long run, they be :screwy:

I sold Batman Adventures 12 CGC 9.8 white on the boards abut a year ago for $270. Talk about leaving money on the table...

Then there was Hulk 180 about a year ago from a WTB - mid-grade, $50. More money on the table...

Or the Thor 165-166 CGC 9.0 and 9.2 at below Overstreet about a year or so ago...mo' money mo' money, just not mine...

I'll start by saying that I'm a dealer/collector and at times, I tend to make impulsive sales at cons.The sort of sales I know that I will regret, even whilst I am closing the deal, but do so regardless.

I'll start off with a couple sales I made at Carbo's Big Apple Con a couple weeks back.

Batman Adventures 12 CGC 9.8 white pages - $1400 (but at least it was cash,not on a card)

Has to be more than a year as BA #12 hasn't been a $270 book since 2012, with the summer of 2013 being a $700-$800 book.

Jim

Not to me. My LCS didn't think I would want one so I am still without one. Eventually the price will calm on that book. It is sad when I can pick up 5.5-6.5 copies of ASM 31, the first appearance of Gwen for less than people are asking for EOSV #2 in 9.8.

It's the modern pump & dump market in full effect. If anyone thinks that EOSV #2 is actually going to sustain value over the long run, they be :screwy:

Agreed, I sold my two copies for a solid profit and haven't looked back.

No kidding. I thought about buying a 9.8 for all of .03 seconds when a quick search led me to a raw ASM 31 advertised as a 6.0 from a reputable dealer for almost half the ask of the 9.8 EOSV copy. That was an easy purchase. ASM 31 and another issue in that run are books I cannot own enough of.