• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Regrettable sales you made recently i.e. what sale makes you feel like a toolbox

66 posts in this topic

I've probably only have made 2 good deals which I would profit on if I sold today everything else I have probably paid a little to much on, and would lose money if I sold. The only thing that gets me through it is knowing I don't really care about resell since I keep my books for a long time.

How about books you overpaid for? I have several in my collection that I overpaid severely on... I wouldn't even know where to begin...

Or how about books you passed up on? I can think of dozens of books I ignored in dollar bins that are now breaking $100....

:facepalm:

I overpaid for a CGC 2.0 OWW Hulk #1 the week after the Avengers movie came out...I think that one has turned out OK for me though. (thumbs u

Seriously, and thankfully, I don't think I've overpaid for many books.

I had to raise some capital for a down payment for a new house so I sold my Hulk #1 CGC 3.0 for $4500 in April of 2014 to a local comic collector. A few months later, the book literally doubled in price for no apparent reason. Who woulda thought? (shrug)

Around five years ago I pulled a NM #98 that was NM out of a dollar box at a small show and traded it that day to a sore owner as part of a trade in on a graphic novel. The NM #98 was only going for around $50 at the time.

Around 2 years ago I sold a NM copy Nyx #3 for around $30 not know it would reach today's value.

Around fours years ago I gave away a full run of Ms Marvel to sweeten a $500+ sale of other books and they were VF-NM.

Before I got back into comics, around 2004 I was promoting my gaming store at a small Seattle store and the person set up next to me was selling $1.00 comics and I picked a few to read. While walking around with them I ran into a comic seller that wanted to see what I bought. He offered me $10 for them and I took it. Later I looked up one of the books only to be a NM copy of All-Stars $58. After this I really stated educating myself on comics more than what I already knew.

When I first started helping out at cons a dealer I was helping had an AF15 for sale, being realistic it was around a 7.0 but looked really nice with no chipping. It was £95, which to me seemed like a lot of money but even now looking back was a total steal.

He knew I liked it and offered to let me have it in 'work payments', now I was getting £15 a con for helping so it would have been a while before I got it, so I turned it down.

I later sold it that same day to another dealer...

If you were at the Manchester mart in the mid eighties and bought a cents AF15 off a dopey looking kid with lank hair and dangermouse t shirt on. That AF15 should have been mine!!!

So not recent, but biggest sale regret ever.

Incredible Hulk 181 some 20 years ago. Not so recent but I dont regret too much. Im sure its worth more today then what I got for it. :makepoint:

Sandman 1. Not so much the money....just kind of became a Gaiman fan since. Oh well...its the story I love most and ihave the Absolutes.

(sp) means spelling error

I am pretty sure it means "slight professional".

I was asking peter what the resto was.

Right that was the joke he said spelling for a joke