• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USPS Brutality

60 posts in this topic

File a claim with Paypal, you've got the evidence that the package was damaged in transit. I'm pretty sure that they automatically insure all ebay items, up to $500.

I have never heard of that before. I have heard of $50 on priority mail for free and thats it

Even if it were true, the OP said it is a PIF item, not an eBay item.

Yeah, it's an automatic $50 for priority, but USPS would require a receipt/proof of payment, and since it's a gift, you'd be sol.

Right, the USPS doesn't cover jacks balls past $50, unless you pay for insurance.

I missed the part about it not being an ebay item.....but if it WAS or WAS NOT an ebay item and the books were damaged, Paypal would have the OP covered.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/buyer-protection

That link says nothing about all purchases being insured for up to $500.

File a claim with Paypal, you've got the evidence that the package was damaged in transit. I'm pretty sure that they automatically insure all ebay items, up to $500.

I have never heard of that before. I have heard of $50 on priority mail for free and thats it

Yeah, it's an automatic $50 for priority, but USPS would require a receipt/proof of payment, and since it's a gift, you'd be sol.

How's that? I don't see anything in the USPS Priority Mail coverage that specifies it has to have been a purchase. You must provide proof of worth, with CAN be a receipt, but it doesn't have to be.

Inside secret:

MYNAMEISLEGION actually ships items in boxes that are already crushed, that way USPS doesn't *spoon* with it since it's already jacked up!

Very smart MYNAMEISLEGION!!!

:applause:

Inside secret:

MYNAMEISLEGION actually ships items in boxes that are already crushed, that way USPS doesn't *spoon* with it since it's already jacked up!

Wow that's like beating yourself up before you go into a rough neighborhood! GENIUS

I think my mailman was embarrassed how mangled the box was. After he rang the doorbell, he rushed off more quickly than usual. Usually he turns around and wave when I shout out a "thanks." This time he just hopped into his truck and sped away.

Right, the USPS doesn't cover jacks balls past $50, unless you pay for insurance.

I missed the part about it not being an ebay item.....but if it WAS or WAS NOT an ebay item and the books were damaged, Paypal would have the OP covered.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/buyer-protection

That link says nothing about all purchases being insured for up to $500.

I can't remember where I read Paypal insured packages up to $500, but I just looked and found this qoute, from

https://www.paypal.com/sg/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#7

7.4 Coverage Amount. If you are eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection and PayPal finds in your favor on your Claim, PayPal will reimburse you for the full purchase price of the item and original shipping costs.

PayPal will not reimburse you for the return shipping costs that you incur to return a Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) item to the Seller or other party specified by PayPal. If the Seller presents evidence that they delivered the goods to your address, PayPal may find in favor of the Seller for an Item Not Received (INR) Claim even if you did not receive the goods

Paypal does not insure packages for any amount. You can purchase USPS insurance when you ship through Paypal, but Paypal does no insuring on their own.

Also, that King Comics 3-pack is pretty effing awesome!

If the item you buy via Paypal meets the "buyer protection requirements (noted in the link) , and the seller screws you or the item gets lost or damaged in transit, Paypal will reimburse you.

Basically the same thing as insurance.....I know all of this because I had a seller try to beat me on a $100 or so lot I paid for few months back.....guy sent me a coverless Tales of Suspense 39 reprint,which is why I bid on the lot..... his auction said nothing about it being a reprint.I opened a case against said wankshaft, sent the lot back and got a full refund.

The only drawback is that Paypal has not been so quick to protect sellers from fraudulent buyers, but Paypal is ramping up on that front,as of the past week or so with a new Seller protection schematic....which is good news.

Inside secret:

Wow that's like beating yourself up before you go into a rough neighborhood! GENIUS

That's freaking hilarious. :applause: This forum needs a like button!

Inside secret:

That's freaking hilarious. :applause: This forum needs a like button!

lol

It used to.

Well, were your fears well-founded???

:eek:

-slym

Despite their best effort to destroy the contents, the comics and books escaped unharmed. Kudos to MYNAMEISLEGION for the packaging-boards, bubble envelopes, and packing peanuts.

pif1_zpsjs40okyr.jpg

Great!! The books arrived with no damage. So why post pics of a busted up box? Then say the comics and books escaped unharmed??????

Mother father drama queen. What a joke!

-slym

Despite their best effort to destroy the contents, the comics and books escaped unharmed. Kudos to MYNAMEISLEGION for the packaging-boards, bubble envelopes, and packing peanuts.

pif1_zpsjs40okyr.jpg

Great!! The books arrived with no damage. So why post pics of a busted up box? Then say the comics and books escaped unharmed??????

I just wanted to show what the USPS does to packages and how some people can pack to avoid disasters from happening. I'm sorry you have a problem with that.

-slym

pif1_zpsjs40okyr.jpg

Because the box looked like a train ran over it, and people would be interested in seeing that....?

:screwy: