• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Atomic Avenue.Com

13 posts in this topic

I was asked tonight by a friend if I ever heard of this company (AtomicAvenue.com). I went to their site and they do sell comics. He was having trouble paying for a book and it froze up every time. Has anyone heard of these guys? Thanks.

Caveat emptor. Grading is very liberal.

+1

The fact that you don't get to see scans of the books is a big turn off. I have purchased several books using Atomic Avenue though. You can message the sellers directly and ask to have scans emailed to you.

In all reality, when an Atomic Avenue order goes through without the seller canceling it's like the heavens opened up and God threw you a bone. The majority of sellers must just have entire inventories up and use it as a tool for buyers to FIND books they should sell on eBay at slightly higher prices.

Placed orders with 3 sellers last night for a combined $160 in books.

2 orders cancelled, 1 fulfilled for a grand total of $15.

Thanks, AtomicAvenue Obama :P

I hate AA over all the online comic vendors or marketplaces.

Their shipping is ridiculous. Their shopping cart system is slow and crashes periodically. Several times parts of your order are cancelled. This really sucks because sometimes I need the book that cancelled and I would just cancel the rest of the order as a result.

Its really shameful too because there are several good sellers on there. Its just difficult and frustrating.

Atomic Avenue is how individual collectors who use ComicBase software can sell their collection. The selling point is that it is free to list and sell if u have a copy of ComicBase. So u are buying from dedicated collectors. I've bought a few and had a very good experience but it has been several years.

I've had good luck maybe 60 percent of the time. The other appear to be people that either somehow "don't know why their comics were listed", or "didn't realize" they had it priced too low and they cancel the sale only to relist for ebay prices.

The way I see it, if you have it listed for sale, it's for sale at that price. I know I've sold some things for less than I could have... I'm sure most have at some point. It's your inventory... it's your job to upkeep it and do your own research rather than relying on others to tell you which of your books aren't mess. I'm not talking about any super crazy deals either... like $25 books sold for $15 and they get cancelled...