• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darth Vader #3

95 posts in this topic

A lot of people selling, long term it might be good, but seems destined for over supply of sellers in the short term, and its mostly flippers selling to flippers. If you dont have it and want it, safe bet to wait a few months and buy after people have moved on to the next hot thing.

My guy at my LCS says he'll have more 1st prints next week - apparently some distribution or printing snafu made this look like it could be scarce :shrug:

Anyway, I'd stay away from any of the books out in the wild right now personally, but everyone has to make their own decision based on how bad they want a book. Prices are subjective - if you're loaded, paying $15 for a book this week may not be much different to you than paying cover, but I wouldn't do it anyway just out of the principle of the thing.

This book probably won't be worth anything in six months, and long term will only ever be worth anything if the character's introduced end up with big parts in an upcoming film... which they won't.

Really? Cause according to Diamond, they're all sold out.

If I'd heard anything more, I would have written - so... really, that is all I've heard.

The rest, my personal opinion... yeah I wouldn't touch this for more than cover unless I wanted it in a real bad way for some reason.

Apparently, some shops were shorted on their order, others got their full order. I haven't heard of any that didn't get anything.

Reports are mixed, but I hear over and over that LCS will have new stock on this book next Wednesday. No one (that I know of) is sure what happened.

Alrighty, talked to all of my shops. No one was shorted, and when they tried to order more, they were told that it was unavailable due to a second print run?

May have something to do with where in the world you are, or how many you ordered, or even how big of a customer you are? Who knows. All I know for sure is my LCS were told they'd get more 1st prints next week. I also saw Gator say he was able to even go back and reorder some of this book today.

I'm sure more details will appear within the next few days.

2 out of three local shops here in Los Angeles are now almost sold out, and received all they ordered . Allocations seem to have happened on the east coast mainly, and they are expecting more copies in next week . Anyone interested in this book should read through the moderns heating up thread as much of this has been covered