• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robert Di Nunzio, A Canadian To Avoid

70 posts in this topic

A comic collector and all round pain in the arse.

If you have any dealings with him, either directly or through eBay - his ID there is rober-dinun - run away screaming. I have been subject to two bank reversals on two transactions and because they were cheap items ($5 and $13), the buyer declined signed for shipping (which would have cost him $25), and so Paypal won't refund me.

Mr Di Nunzio's explanations for what occurred are baffling and, ultimately, pointless. However, for and giggles, I reproduce them here...

'Hello I am responding to the email that was sent to you by PayPal let me explain: money was taken by mistake from another bank account PayPal was not directing the transactions through my credit card as I had intended apparently a lack of communication has occurred. In the mean time PayPal has explained that it will take seven to ten business days to get back to me about resolving this problem. Thank you for your patients. Robert

P.S.: PayPal has made it clear that I was not aware of the circumstance and has not blamed me for any wrong. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. Robert.'

...and...

'Hello Nick I thought I'd touch base with you I normally try not to feel too concerned when things happen but this hit home with me my normal course of payment method was always credit card but this week I found to my shock that instead of this PayPal had somehow changed my settings on the commit to purchase on the site to a debit. A family member of mine whose account was debited without my knowledge or hers became very disturbed and angry that a breach of privacy like this would happen. I was in a real jam and I saw all the emails of reversed transactions showing up on my system due to the bank reversing everything . I talked to PayPal customer service and after a consultation with them it was clear this happened without my knowledge to the degree it did. I also as the situation impacted my family asked PayPal for a form of compensation for the sellers who I dealt with online I didn't do the mistake so I felt that PayPal should take responsibility. I am pleased to hear that you received the money back this is a good thing I hope everyone receives their due. Let me know if anything els odd happens along the lines of this week I will take it up with PayPal and make sure they do right by everyone. Take care. Robert

P.S.: Sorry it is a lot to say but I felt it was important. Robert'

...and...

'Hello I am in touch with PayPal I will make sure they know this is a mistake they made and they need to re-emberce people for this mistake. Sorry I got the wrong message before Nick. Take care. Robert'

...and...

'Hello Nick I have positive news I have spoken with PayPal and they have told me that they have compensation for the sellers just follow these instructions PayPal supplied me and you should receive all your money back. I am posting it after this message. Robert

P.S.: PayPal has also informed me that money is on standby to cover this problem I have seen it and can verify the money is there.'

Admittedly, the last one amused me immensely...I had visions of a guided tour around the secret underground Paypal HQ, where Mr Di Nunzio is shown the vault crammed full of gold bullion.

But my amusement didn't last. I'm only out around $30 or so, but I suspect this buyer is either unhinged or simply a thief.

Avoid at all costs, is my advice. (thumbs u

Maybe he'll show up here as somebody else, or at least refer to himself in the third person.

That's always fun.

That has to be one of my favorites. The only thing better was the explanation why.

I think the state of the Maple Leafs has had a great impact on all of Canada, so give the guy some slack.

Leaf fans are the dumbest sports team followers on the planet.

Cheers, Howard

Go Habs!