• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE MICRONAUTS #8

30 posts in this topic

Awhile back I picked up a group of MICRONAUTS at an auction because

it included #1...in going through them today I ran across #8 which features

CAPTAIN UNIVERSE. Is this really his First Appeance?

16768831780_eceec0cc2b.jpg

mm

Awhile back I picked up a group of MICRONAUTS at an auction ...

Do you have any comics in your collection that didn't come from an auction? :grin:

But seriously...I guess this is another movie/speculator key or some such? Even if not, all of those early Micronauts issues are aces. Mantlo and Golden were firing on all cylinders...

Awhile back I picked up a group of MICRONAUTS at an auction ...

Do you have any comics in your collection that didn't come from an auction? :grin

Almost all of the Silver Age/Bronze Age comics were picked up at auctions in the 80's

others were bought from The Passaic Book Center.

mm

The whole run is great but the early issues are definitely special. I heard that issue 8 went up in value due to movie speculation--but I can't remember which movie. Was it part of the avengers infinity gauntlet?

GOTG2 spec. Captain Universe was a member of the reboot team when they formed in Annihilation Star-Lord / Conquest series

If MICRONAUTS #8 is the first appearance of CAPTAIN UNIVERSE than would

MARVEL SPOTLIGHT V2 #9 be his Second?

mm

Looks like 2nd in a US comic: Wikia

THANKS!

mm

Remember when Spidey became Captain Universe...?

:cloud9:

25+ years ago.

Yes, I hated it :(

I think the concept of Captain Universe is a good one. However, it's been used in a :eyeroll: way as far as I'm concerned. Some of the characters that have been given the power have been Spidey, the Hulk :eyeroll: , the Silver Surfer :eyeroll::eyeroll: and the Juggernaut. wtf??

It's one thing to give it to Spidey, he's not that powerful but when you're throwing it out there on some of the heavy hitters in the Marvel Universe, I think the concept has jumped the shark

Shouldn't a character with that level of power hold a higher rank? Why not "Commodore Universe"...or maybe "Admiral Universe"? And in exactly which armed forces was he made an officer? At least "Captain Marvel" was a Kree soldier before he went all kosmic...

"Captain Universe" is just kinda...I dunno..."inaptronymic". Besides, do you really want to hang out in the cosmic officer's club with this guy?

Captainunderpantscover.jpg

(shrug)

Remember when Spidey became Captain Universe...?

:cloud9:

25+ years ago.

Yes, I hated it :(

I think the concept of Captain Universe is a good one. However, it's been used in a :eyeroll: way as far as I'm concerned. Some of the characters that have been given the power have been Spidey, the Hulk :eyeroll: , the Silver Surfer :eyeroll::eyeroll: and the Juggernaut. wtf??

It's one thing to give it to Spidey, he's not that powerful but when you're throwing it out there on some of the heavy hitters in the Marvel Universe, I think the concept has jumped the shark

The Acts of Vengeance storyline (Spidey #326-329, Spect #158-160, Web #59-61) was the very first Spidey story I ever red.

Had no idea what was going on, but it was still fun.

So, so long ago.

If MICRONAUTS #8 is the first appearance of CAPTAIN UNIVERSE than would

MARVEL SPOTLIGHT V2 #9 be his Second?

mm

Looks like 2nd in a US comic: Wikia

Please correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the Star Heroes books just reprints? I think Star Heroes # 1 reprints Micronauts # 8 amongst others.

So , Spotlight # 9 would in fact be his second appearance. Not that it matters in this day and age, Micronauts # 8 is the book to have here.