• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reholder question

3 posts in this topic

I'm thinking about reholdering a book (ASM #1) that is structurally sound, with all four posts still absolutely secure, but the slab is pretty beat. Lots and lots scuffing, one small crack, and old sticker residue.

My question is: When the reholder takes place, is the sleeve that the comic is actually in replaced as well? It looks kind of scuffed as well, and I was hoping that if I'm paying to have the book reholdered, that reholdering would be all-encompassing.

Any advice or feedback is greatly appreciated. If I'm better served putting this under "ask CGC", I may be in the wrong place at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know, when you reholder a comic they replace everything. The slab, sleeve and microchamber paper.

That is my understanding also. I do think questions like this are more appropriate in the ASK CGC thread. An answer from CGC will hold up better than an assumption from us. What do we know ?