• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows - 6/3/16

43 posts in this topic

So no thread for this yet…..

So to catch up on news for this the past couple of days…

David Green directing…Michael Bay still producing.

Begins filming next month

Alessandra Ambrosio playing Vernon's love interest:

Model2.jpg

Supposed working title: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Half Shell

"Arrow" star Stephen Amell to play Casey Jones!

AmellBar640tmnt.jpg

I'm slacking on my duties of putting new news about this movie that no ones about into the thread no one cares about.

It has been confirmed that Rocksteady and Bebop will be in this.

Tyler Perry has signed on to play Baxter Stockman...no word on if he will be the fly version though.

I'm slacking on my duties of putting new news about this movie that no ones about into the thread no one cares about.

It has been confirmed that Rocksteady and Bebop will be in this.

Tyler Perry has signed on to play Baxter Stockman...no word on if he will be the fly version though.

I think no. I'm guessing the fly version in the 3rd movie.

New Turtle….garbage truck?

tmnt-car.jpg

The Wolverine's Brian Tee has been casted as Shredder. Guess they fully gave up on that whole "William Fichner is the Shredder" that they tried to pull off in the first one…

Shredder640.jpg

So Karai has been recast…which is great! That previous actress looked like her face got ran over by a steamroller.

More more importantly…..Bebop and Rocksteady!!!

Sheamus_rocksteady.jpg

And…yes…that is WWE's Sheamus as Rocksteady! Not too bad so far.

While I'm still not a fan of the design of the TMNT from the 2014 movie, I think that style could work very well for Bebop and Rocksteady. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they're given justice. They should reference the B&R one-shot from the IDW series for inspiration as it was a fresh and exciting take on the characters.

I hope Baxter remains human for this movie. I've been saying for years that he could be the main villain in a TMNT movie. He has the potential to be quite compelling and I hope they use him well here. And despite most people's distaste for Michael Bay, his Transformers background could make for some great looking mousers.

Shredder does NOT need to be in each TMNT movie. :sumo: Anyone who has read TMNT comics between 1984 and 2009 know he's barely in any stories. I try not to harp on the 2014 movie too much since what's done is done, but the Shredder would have been better as an un-armored martial arts master in the first movie. He could have relied on his martial arts prowess to defeat the more powerful turtles at first, only to be narrowly beaten at the end. The second movie could have been Baxter's time to shine and he could have built Shredder a powered suit to use in the 3rd movie if that's the route they wanted to go. Oh well.

I'm glad Karai is re-cast. The first movie did her no jusctice (did she ever do anything in the 2014 movie?). Going back to the comics, Karai is a high-ranking leader of the Foot Clan from Japan on the same level (or higher) as the Shredder. Her martial arts ability surpassed that of the turtles on several occassions. It was only 2003's animated series where she became a subordinate of Shredder, but she was still very formidable. They carried this through to the IDW comics and the Nick cartoon. 2014's rendition did nothing. There's a lot of potential there.

Movie #3's villain? Bring on the Rat King!