• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it funny that Prepping has become a hobby? haha! Anybody else feel this way?

17 posts in this topic

I am sitting at my dayjob right now and thinking back to yesterday's events.

We literally sat around the workshop from 2PM-9PM

Megacon is our first show this year and it is just funny how there are cycles.

I felt rusty at first as I started filling out CGC Sig Series invoices.........eventually I warmed up.

Yesterday we had a 3 person Prep team going so time went by fast. I had an awesome local client drop bye and give us some books too.

The whole intake process has become kind of time consuming.....but fun when working with friends.

-Open Package

-Review Submission Form

-Generate CGC Invoice----Including writing any cracked Cert #'s from labels!

-Label Books correctly

-Double check payment/Total

-Update my invoice list

-Email client new invoice numbers.

-While I do the paperwork my partner Chris is our expert CGC Slab cracker/inner well cutter.

-Oh yeah we always load up those brand new razor blades!

We rewarded ourselves with Pizza! (of course) (Chicken Marsala Specialty Pizza from Marios......mmmmmmmm) (And no, pizza gets eaten in the kitchen far far far away from comic books. We would NEVER risk spilling Ice Cream or Drinks on client's books. hahahahahahahahahaah :jokealert::tonofbricks:

anyways prepping is an art. There is a good thread here about how to prep books..... It is worth taking the time and doing it right!

what else......I had to crack some CBCS slabs........those things look/feel like junk if you ask me. A little tricky to crack open.......anyone have any tips for CBCS slabs? (It is nice to know that they are being turned into CGC SS slabs!)

hit me up if you have any cool prepping ideas.

I prep all my stuff so it can fit in a regular short box. then i usually have one larger box for the larger books etc.

Mylites are not great for me because of their size........Flaps are not great either for big signings......

ah the art of prepping.......what a hobby.......I know there are a bunch of you out there dedicating some time to this hobby yourselves!

Got a Prep story, wanna share? hit me up :)

Cheers!

Sean

The best bet for Cbcs is to get a pair of pliers. Grip one of the bottom tabs and pull/break it off. The whole slab falls apart after that.

I agree that the inner well feels like those cheap Aquafina bottles that are 50% less plastic.

For me, I just use a bar key. Slides easy no muss no fuss and pops right open. Unlike some facilitators that like putting books in those pieces of junk I prefer liberating them...

I had a completely different kind of "prepping" in mind when I clicked the link....

doomsday-preppers-gas-masks.jpg

The few SS books I had for Emerald City, the prep seemed to take forever. But there is a groove, a rhythm to it, I felt it by the end of the process. Eccc was more of a raw signature hunt, and even though I was prepped, I was still off my game. Oh well, next show will be better.

Back at the dayjob again.....we had another good prep day, lots got done. Back in the groove!

I had an electrical tape type prep job........had to re-do those.

Had another where the boxes were just too close to the bottom. You gotta account for slide in the bag factor, or prep it so it's snug.

Liberate those books!~

Back at the dayjob again.....we had another good prep day, lots got done. Back in the groove!

Had another where the boxes were just too close to the bottom. You gotta account for slide in the bag factor, or prep it so it's snug.

Liberate those books!~

The "custom" prep jobs are the scariest. I was prepping some Lone Wolf and Cubs for signature by Matt Wagner. The sig was supposed to go on the far right edge side where this is kind of a title bar. To get enough open space, I had to figure out how to cut the bag so there was enough bag left on the right side to maintain integrity, but enough gone to get a decent sized kanji sig in there. It was tough.

Prepping war stories . . . :cloud9:

Liberate those books!~

The "custom" prep jobs are the scariest. I was prepping some Lone Wolf and Cubs for signature by Matt Wagner. The sig was supposed to go on the far right edge side where this is kind of a title bar. To get enough open space, I had to figure out how to cut the bag so there was enough bag left on the right side to maintain integrity, but enough gone to get a decent sized kanji sig in there. It was tough.

Prepping war stories . . . :cloud9:

least popular A&E show in history.