• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KAMALA KHAN
1 1

879 posts in this topic

http://comicbookinvest.com/2015/11/13/hot-10-comics-30/

Made the top 10 again.

9 Captain Marvel Vol. 6 #17 2nd Print (2013) Marvel Comics

WRITER: Kelley Sue DeConnick

ARTIST: Filipe Andrade

This book is now a $950 book in 9.8. A copy sold this past week for that price, so it wouldn’t surprise me if the $1k barrier will be broken in the next week or so. The debate is over and settled on what is the go-to first appearance of Ms. Khan. The rarity of this book and the Marvel paper quality make this one hard to find in high grade. The bottom half of the cover with its blue band just doesn’t hide imperfections. This is Marvel’s equivalent to Batman Adventures #12 and it’s way more rare. If Marvel can pull their heads out of their “donkey” long enough to develop her in a proper series, they have a gold mine potentially.

I'm sorry, but all of those "Buy it Now's" being popped at full value with few "best offers" even being made leads me to believe this book is being manipulated.

In fact, there is some evidence to back this up.

Notice the "buyer" on five of these increasingly higher "Buy It Now's" is the same guy:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=turtleman402&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=252130133980&sspagename=VIP%3Afeedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=seekcollectibles&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=391306547319&sspagename=VIP%3Afeedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=comics_now_and_forever&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=281848370180&sspagename=VIP%3Afeedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=bad_astronaut_collectibles&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=281850974865&sspagename=VIP%3Afeedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller (same "buyer" on two copies from this seller)

So essentially one "buyer" has been engaged in a bit of market manipulation for the better part of a month, including these "sales" that CBI hyped from this past week.

Additionally, a relatively small group of sellers have been selling off multiple copies to this guy. That raises the question of how rare the book really is. I personally had a seller recently send me a picture of multiple high grade raw copies that he owned all fanned out on a coffee table.

Buyer beware on this one.

-J.

Could be just a guy trying to corner the market. Granted, that is a form of market manipulation, but no more so than short-selling & then buying back stocks. If you've got the capital to buy up the supply & then essentially set the price on the market later, it's not the worst plan.

Could be just a guy trying to corner the market. Granted, that is a form of market manipulation, but no more so than short-selling & then buying back stocks. If you've got the capital to buy up the supply & then essentially set the price on the market later, it's not the worst plan.

Problem is, he is deliberately "buying" at ever higher values, relative to his own prior "purchases".

Even if these are all legit sales, then he either absolutely loves this character or he is the worst speculator in the history of the pump and dump. lol

Either way (and somewhat regardless of his intentions, as you correctly mentioned) the market is quite clearly being messed with on the book. Any real buyers would probably best be advised to hold off under these current conditions.

-J.

http://comicbookinvest.com/2015/11/13/hot-10-comics-30/

Made the top 10 again.

9 Captain Marvel Vol. 6 #17 2nd Print (2013) Marvel Comics

WRITER: Kelley Sue DeConnick

ARTIST: Filipe Andrade

This book is now a $950 book in 9.8. A copy sold this past week for that price, so it wouldn’t surprise me if the $1k barrier will be broken in the next week or so. The debate is over and settled on what is the go-to first appearance of Ms. Khan. The rarity of this book and the Marvel paper quality make this one hard to find in high grade. The bottom half of the cover with its blue band just doesn’t hide imperfections. This is Marvel’s equivalent to Batman Adventures #12 and it’s way more rare. If Marvel can pull their heads out of their “donkey” long enough to develop her in a proper series, they have a gold mine potentially.

Any top 10 "Hot" comics list should be renamed "Sell This Book Now" list. Once all the sheep are on a book, it's too late to "invest." Best to sell at the top of the market. 2c

I am new here, but did anyone notice CM 17 2nd Print on E-bay this weekend? Almost every 9.8 issue sold up to $1,000. What is going on?

Fools and their money being parted?

Welcome to the boards

No way a new boardie brings up CM 17?

Seems legit!

reciprocation.jpg

I'm sorry, but all of those "Buy it Now's" being popped at full value with few "best offers" even being made leads me to believe this book is being manipulated.

Notice the "buyer" on five of these increasingly higher "Buy It Now's" is the same guy:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=turtleman402&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=252130133980&sspagename=VIP%3Afeedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=seekcollectibles&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=391306547319&sspagename=VIP%3Afeedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=comics_now_and_forever&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=281848370180&sspagename=VIP%3Afeedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=bad_astronaut_collectibles&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=281850974865&sspagename=VIP%3Afeedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller (same "buyer" on two copies from this seller)

So essentially one "buyer" has been engaged in a bit of market manipulation for the better part of a month, including these "sales" that CBI hyped from this past week.

Additionally, a relatively small group of sellers have been selling off multiple copies to this guy. That raises the question of how rare the book really is. I personally had a seller recently send me a picture of multiple high grade raw copies that he owned all fanned out on a coffee table.

-J.

Good insight J-Dog, something does appear fishy here.

I personally am not a believer in the sales numbers for CM 17 2nd either. I sold raw NM copies on the boards and on ebay in late August and couldn't even fetch my asking price of $150. I know the books heated up since then but people touting it as the next BA12 are going to get burnt. One thing I found interesting is all the big sales in 9.8 that set new highs were fixed price listings. None were auctions.

Funny again...smh...smh. All the nagativity behind this book. Lets all assume that there is a farse because a "new" unastablished character can never be this hot. Its like a stupid law with people that hate change...progression. I have all the "keys" so no preference as so the "highest market value" and i dont plan to sell. I can say that cm 17 is the book to get for it is the 1st time EVER she is Dipicted in full costume. This issue is the 1st time i ever saw her and was like "huh? Who the hell is this???" I dont care what cgc put on the labels. I for 1, as a collector would certainly pay the higher price for a book with good scans that looks nm than a half price book that ckaims to be nm...like everybidy else seems to do. All this same buyer bull doesnt mean a thing. Ive bidded on 7 Or 8 copies of Jungle Action 5 at the same time..not because i wanted to manipulate lol...because i wanted the high grade copies...its simple. I for one am happy that cm 17 is doing so well. Im happy when any book does well. I love comics! Dont know what kind of people buy comics today??? People make money and then complain or ridicule ..thats azz backwards.

-J.

Good insight J-Dog, something does appear fishy here.

I think one or two of those "sales" have already been relisted.

Funny again...smh...smh. All the nagativity behind this book. Lets all assume that there is a farse because a "new" unastablished character can never be this hot. Its like a stupid law with people that hate change...progression. I have all the "keys" so no preference as so the "highest market value" and i dont plan to sell. I can say that cm 17 is the book to get for it is the 1st time EVER she is Dipicted in full costume. This issue is the 1st time i ever saw her and was like "huh? Who the hell is this???" I dont care what cgc put on the labels. I for 1, as a collector would certainly pay the higher price for a book with good scans that looks nm than a half price book that ckaims to be nm...like everybidy else seems to do. All this same buyer bull doesnt mean a thing. Ive bidded on 7 Or 8 copies of Jungle Action 5 at the same time..not because i wanted to manipulate lol...because i wanted the high grade copies...its simple. I for one am happy that cm 17 is doing so well. Im happy when any book does well. I love comics! Dont know what kind of people buy comics today??? People make money and then complain or ridicule ..thats azz backwards.

Who's complaining or ridiculing? From what I've seen the advice is make an educated purchase not one on blind faith. You've got fanboys on here claiming they're Kamala's biggest fan but can't even spell her name right. When that hype train has run its course you think those same fans will care about Kamala or the next gwen variation?

Not a fan? Then why are you on here reading post and commenting? Are you bored?? Why your time and energy? Im confused..what are you?? Im sure your gonna read this and say something nagative lol. What ever makes you feel better bro ;) sad...so so sad

Not a fan? Then why are you on here reading post and commenting? Are you bored?? Why your time and energy? Im confused..what are you?? Im sure your gonna read this and say something nagative lol. What ever makes you feel better bro ;) sad...so so sad

It's a conversation. Nothing more and nothing less, all sides are always welcomed to be heard. Especially ones that involve the possible manipulation of the price of a book due to bogus sales. It would help others here become aware that the price may not be legit and may be best to wait it out until they move onto another book to manipulate. I appreciate it, even though I don't own one or plan to buy one.

Got about 5 copies myself, havent sold any, not time to cash out yet. Some of thoae sellers linked previously also have 5 or more copies, so i dont believe they are relisting. This book sells for good money everywhere, facebook groups, instagram, google plus groups, dont forget t check data there if doubting ebay sales.

Nobody was listening when this was a 50 dollar book, everyone on was on the marvel point one boat, now those that werent listening and now are missed the boat, so of course they gonna hate on the book....if this book does drop ill be 1st in line to be buying.

Edited by Santos208

Got about 5 copies myelf, havent aold any, not time to cash out yet ?

Nobody was listening when this was a 50 dollar book, now those that werent listening and now are missed the boat, so of course they gonna hate on the book ?

I've still got one copy at cgc. When it gets back it will be sold immediately. I bought all mine for around $50-75. I thought that was an ok price but $350-400 for a raw I would have just laughed and moved on.

Edit: As mentioned 3 months ago I couldn't even move 2 raw copies. Now with the pump everyone wants it. Isn't that the point of the pump/dump?

Edited by bighaley21