• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Seller have You Spent the Most Money With?

78 posts in this topic

My LCS thumbsup2.gif

Remember those?

The spinning rack! Or newstand.

There is an episode of Superman (1950's), I think the title is "Unlucky Friday" where at the end of the show Clark and Jimmy are standing by a newstand where most of the rows contain multilple copies of Superman and Action Comics.

All probably in NM!

Over the many years of collecting it is likely to be Ninth-nebula in first place. He was my LCS when I got back in the hobby and I bought from him for years. I also bought many of his key books a year or so after he closed the store. I got my copies of AF15 ASM1 and FF1 in that deal.

712245-asm1.jpg

I have mentioned a few times a big transaction I did with Grimstarman last year a few times in previous posts. that one is my second biggest.

my third big transaction was from a private seller in LA about 14 years ago. about 11000 books in that deal including most marvels and DC's from 65-90

712245-asm1.jpg.f0293e1906c6de6bba1334c5e791d97d.jpg

Back in 2002, I spent over $1000 on BA books from ShowcaseNewEngland. I have since sold most of them to (for more than I paid).

One of my favorite late-BA/CA dealers is Todd Lange. I've always been happy with the books I've bought from him (GI Joe #1s NM/MT, Moon Knight #1s NM/MT, etc).

I've been tapped out by many of the largest dealers in high grade Silver over the past 10 years, including:

Heritage

Comiclink

Bob Storms

Marnin Rosenberg

Doug Schmell

Harley Yee

Ted Van Liew

Walgreens.

huh?

VZ

I think he's confused and is referring to the place where he bought most of his Cosmopolitan collection, not his comic collection. confused-smiley-013.gif

You were born late. Missed all the good stuff at cover price.

Christo_pull_hair.gif

sorry.gif