• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which Seller have You Spent the Most Money With?

78 posts in this topic

Comic-keys! yay.gif

Me TOO!!!!!!!!!

but since they all were returned, it's Heroes and Legends. in a two month period back in 2002, i bought 4 restored books from them. Showcase #4 (1st SA Flash), All American # 19 (1st GA Atom), Marvel Mystery # 4 (1st GA Subby cover) and Tec # 33 (origin of Batman). spent about $8600.............. cloud9.gif

they are no longer registered users on E-bay so i assume they went out of business............ frown.gif Too bad - very professional, polite and quick.............

Guys-

Seeing my company's name so often in this post-I can not tell you how much I appreciate your patronage. Beyond the financial aspects of it, I want you all to know how hard I have worked over the last 5 years since I have become partners with Steve to take Metropolis to the next level in regards to inventory, marketing, internet presence and customer service (especially customer service). And while we are not exactly where I want us to be I believe my company has improved tremendously. I truly thank you all very much and hope Metro can help to make all of your collections complete!

Yeah but you STILL haven't found me a New Adventure 26.

Guys-

Seeing my company's name so often in this post-I can not tell you how much I appreciate your patronage. Beyond the financial aspects of it, I want you all to know how hard I have worked over the last 5 years since I have become partners with Steve to take Metropolis to the next level in regards to inventory, marketing, internet presence and customer service (especially customer service). And while we are not exactly where I want us to be I believe my company has improved tremendously. I truly thank you all very much and hope Metro can help to make all of your collections complete!

Well, Du-uh! Did you forget about the motion of the wheels, of which they are already in?

stooges.gif

Guys-

Let's make a bet. I'll bet that another copy turns up for sale before the end of the year.

How much do you want to wager?

Guys-

Let's make a bet. I'll bet that another copy turns up for sale before the end of the year.

PLEASE....no more betting on the BOARDS! You know how that turns out, right? Christo_pull_hair.gif

PLEASE....no more betting on the BOARDS! You know how that turns out, right? Christo_pull_hair.gif

Well, there's been some wagers on the board that turned out fine. It's only when you lose the wager, and then welch on it (Bug, supapimp, JC), that it blows up.

Guys-

I bet that WAY MORE than another copy turns up for sale before the end of the year poke2.gif

Guys-

Aaah Ian....I think this will be your lucky year. I see a large early golden age collection being found and that book finding it's way to your collection. It may pass through one or two hands before it reaches you but it will. At least that is what my crystal ball tells me. By the way I am not working on a big GA collection right now.

VZ

Aaah Ian....I think this will be your lucky year. I see a large early golden age collection being found and that book finding it's way to your collection. It may pass through one or two hands before it reaches you but it will. At least that is what my crystal ball tells me. By the way I am not working on a big GA collection right now.

VZ

But unfortunately, the crystal ball also foretells that Big Foot will go on a rampage in NYC...

devilish_face-crystal_ball.jpg

... and the New Adventure 26 will be destroyed before being shipped to England.

Better luck next time, mate. flowerred.gif

I think that I've bought from most of the players in comics over the last 25 years, you all just don't know it. I've been in LCS from Florida to Maine across the states and back up to Alaska.

I bought a bit from Hauser and Hack years ago, and have picked up a few gems from Harley over the last 15 years. Met lots of dealers at the San Diego Con in 1992 and need to get back.

Used to buy a lot of Quasar auctions with a buddy of mine. Sorted them out and split the cost.

Metropolis filled a few key holes in my supersnipe collection including the Gerber no show issue for a song. I only wish they'd price the V2#2 (Shark Cover) at or near guide. They are still priced incorrectly by my estimation at the V2#1 price. Still, very happy with the purchases and understand that pricing is all in the eye of the beholder.

Never bought from heritage...

I love buying from the Ebay sellers that just happen across nice high grade near mint collections. The first few sales always are priced great until people realize that the seller is for real.

But I still love the chase so I always check out everyone else's LCS when I travel around the states.

Thanks to all I've purchased from in the past. Your trash common comic is likely my got to have it gem, so keep them all in cold storage until I get there.