• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cracking and signing 9.9

16 posts in this topic

Just wrap it in hundred dollar bills and resub. No problem

On those two particular books and assuming they are strong 9.9's, you'd have a reasonable chance of the Authentix book coming back in 9.9, but that 9/11 tribute book is notorious for showing flaws. On that book, I wouldn't recommend cracking anything above a 9.8.

I cracked a 9.9... It's still at CGC, so we shall see.

True, did you prep it your self. What was it a copy of?

Akoni (Kaholo) prepped it for me since it already had one signature on it. Book was a Batman 30... Which has a lot of high grades on census.

I cracked a 9.9... It's still at CGC, so we shall see.

True, did you prep it your self. What was it a copy of?

Akoni (Kaholo) prepped it for me since it already had one signature on it. Book was a Batman 30... Which has a lot of high grades on census.

Say no more, he handles all of my books as well

As of right now for cracking and signing a 9.9 and retaining it I am 7 of 9 with Brandon's book currently being my 1 unknown and the other 1 missing from the equation went down to a measly 9.8SS. It's not easy and every time I do it I spend three or four emails trying to keep owners from doing it by attempting to talk them out of it but if you are 100% dead set I am always up for the gamble. (Brandon can tell you that we texted about that one book for a while) I always stress though that there are a million ways this can go wrong and wrong quickly. I try to pack these in the most secure fashion possible and always tell the creator when signing it exactly what it is that I am doing and why they need to treat these with the white glove treatment. But as the requester you need to know who is signing the book first, the book itself, and the quality of the book and especially the quality of the cover. Five of the successful books I did and retained the grades held a very heavy stock cover to them. Because of that I was more apt to doing it than not. Brandon's cover is a great example of a heavy stock cover. The ASM 36 like stated earlier is a tough cover to work with. The stock isn't any heavier than a typical interior page and the all black cover makes it interesting to say the least. As for signer you need someone who will actually care about what the grade is and or means to the equation. Asking Stan to be easy on a book is like asking my son to be easy with it. Not trying to be mean about Stan but he is not the most gentle of lovers.

If you or anyone else is up to it though and fully understand that I guarantee absolutely nothing less than your book signed and graded then I'm all for it, but I'm still going to attempt to talk you out of it to begin with.

As of right now for cracking and signing a 9.9 and retaining it I am 7 of 9 with Brandon's book currently being my 1 unknown and the other 1 missing from the equation went down to a measly 9.8SS. It's not easy and every time I do it I spend three or four emails trying to keep owners from doing it by attempting to talk them out of it but if you are 100% dead set I am always up for the gamble. (Brandon can tell you that we texted about that one book for a while) I always stress though that there are a million ways this can go wrong and wrong quickly. I try to pack these in the most secure fashion possible and always tell the creator when signing it exactly what it is that I am doing and why they need to treat these with the white glove treatment. But as the requester you need to know who is signing the book first, the book itself, and the quality of the book and especially the quality of the cover. Five of the successful books I did and retained the grades held a very heavy stock cover to them. Because of that I was more apt to doing it than not. Brandon's cover is a great example of a heavy stock cover. The ASM 36 like stated earlier is a tough cover to work with. The stock isn't any heavier than a typical interior page and the all black cover makes it interesting to say the least. As for signer you need someone who will actually care about what the grade is and or means to the equation. Asking Stan to be easy on a book is like asking my son to be easy with it. Not trying to be mean about Stan but he is not the most gentle of lovers.

If you or anyone else is up to it though and fully understand that I guarantee absolutely nothing less than your book signed and graded then I'm all for it, but I'm still going to attempt to talk you out of it to begin with.

Killer response ;) maybe I should leave them as they are. But just knowing that it may be the highest SS on the census niggles me a bit haha.

Killer response ;) maybe I should leave them as they are. But just knowing that it may be the highest SS on the census niggles me a bit haha.

And when it comes back, hopefully you won't be crying all over your new 9.8 :baiting:

Get the plastic part signed & don't crack out the book or get a lower grade book signed then display both side by side.

I like this idea better too (thumbs u

And when it comes back, hopefully you won't be crying all over your new 9.8 :baiting:

Get the plastic part signed & don't crack out the book or get a lower grade book signed then display both side by side.

I like this idea better too (thumbs u

Like I said, and will continue to say if you ask me to crack it for you... this is a dangerous decision to make and a lot can go wrong. I would always say crack a 9.8 and go for it. Heck maybe a pressing of a stellar 9.8 will bump you up to a 9.9SS but going for a book like that and asking me to keep the grade where it is, is extremely hard to do.