• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Invader fans Out There?

18 posts in this topic

I picked up and read the first couple of issues yesterday. The story seems OK but the art is horrendously bad. So bad it's distracting. With a different artist, the story would flow much better in my opinion. I won't be buying anymore until they find a replacement artist...

Jim

I would have to agree with you. The art is not very compelling. The story telling is much better than the art, but the characters all seem a bit thin thus far and a bit out of whack. For example, the Blazing Skull is fun, but after all he's suffered, wouldn't it seem more realistic to portray him darkly rather than as a wise-cracking clown?

To answer your original question, I'm a big Invaders fan--the Roy Thomas Invaders, that is. The Invaders got me hooked on comics back when I was about 11. I'm one comic short of having a complete high grade CGC run of the original series. (Not that the Invaders will ever be considered for the registry, let alone a part of it.)

I had high hopes that the new series would be successful, but I'm now wondering how much longer it will last. A change in artists would give the series a chance, like the guy drawing the latest volume of Captain America--Steve Epting. The first couple issues have brief Bucky/Invaders flashbacks. From just a few panels, I've found myself wishing he were drawing the Invaders instead. What a difference!

Ijiwaru Sensei sumo.gif

WTB Invaders 3 CGC 9.6 or better

Does anyone know the monthly sales figures off hand?

From Comicon as of December:

111. NEW INVADERS

Jul Invaders #0 - 46,537

Aug New Invaders #1 - 42,577 ( -8.5%)

Sep New Invaders #2 - 32,576 (-23.5%)

Oct New Invaders #3 - 27,286 (-16.2%)

Nov New Invaders #4 - 23,709 (-13.1%)

Dec New Invaders #5 - 20,791 (-12.3%)

Does anyone know the monthly sales figures off hand?

From Comicon as of December:

111. NEW INVADERS

Jul Invaders #0 - 46,537

Aug New Invaders #1 - 42,577 ( -8.5%)

Sep New Invaders #2 - 32,576 (-23.5%)

Oct New Invaders #3 - 27,286 (-16.2%)

Nov New Invaders #4 - 23,709 (-13.1%)

Dec New Invaders #5 - 20,791 (-12.3%)

oooo not good... methinks this might not make it to #10.

And I also did not pick this up after seeing the artwork... tongue.gif