• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The New Mutants #100 3rd print.... low-print/HTF?

43 posts in this topic

Is NM100 3rd print (silver) really considered low-print/HTF?

I see this occasionally and am wondering what's the real numbers on this one compared to 1st (blue) and 2nd (gold) print?

For the longest time I thought that the silver cover was the first print because I saw it everywhere locally. Everywhere.

Probably an anomaly but I would be shocked if that book was considered low print by any measure.

Is NM100 3rd print (silver) really considered low-print/HTF?

I see this occasionally and am wondering what's the real numbers on this one compared to 1st (blue) and 2nd (gold) print?

It has the lowest print run of the 3, with the 1st print having the highest print run but it isn't all that rare.

IMO, # 100 (any printing) is a $10 book between raw 9.0 and 9.6.

9.8's of 3rd prints aren't all that rare, but 9.8's of that book are still upwards of a $100 BIN sale, across the board.

I've been buying the second and third prints whenever I see them, I like them much more than the ugly blue purple cover that the first print has. I just bought another second print 9.8 this week.

+1

They look awesome signed in gold and silver sharpie as well.

Second print is Gold and Third print is Silver, right?

And yes, both do look much better than the ugly-blue First print.

Yes, silver letters, but the white background it what makes it even more desirable.

Doesn't the 2nd print have a white background too?

I bought a big pile of these 2nd/3rd prints from a collector awhile back, and never thought they'd be worth anything. He kinda tossed them in when I bought some NM 86-100 runs, back in the late-90's when they were near-worthless.

So are they worth anything yet?

Yes, silver letters, but the white background it what makes it even more desirable.

I bought a big pile of these 2nd/3rd prints from a collector awhile back, and never thought they'd be worth anything. He kinda tossed them in when I bought some NM 86-100 runs, back in the late-90's when they were near-worthless.

9.8 copies will sell. 2nd print white background gold numbers, 3rd print white background silver numbers.

9.8 copies will sell. 2nd print white background gold numbers, 3rd print white background silver numbers.

So they're really not worth anything, so in the box they stay. :sumo:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mutants-100-Third-Printing-CGC-9-8-White-Pages-UnRestored-/141611513129?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20f8b43529

I'd probably pay more than that getting a copy graded and shipped, not even counting eBay/PayPal fees. :tonofbricks:

So they're really not worth anything, so in the box they stay. :sumo:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mutants-100-Third-Printing-CGC-9-8-White-Pages-UnRestored-/141611513129?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20f8b43529

I'd probably pay more than that getting a copy graded and shipped, not even counting eBay/PayPal fees. :tonofbricks:

That's a little misleading on the title of the auction. Says it's a 9.8 but the photo is a 9.6. I would think a 9.8 would get more than $24.50.

That's a little misleading on the title of the auction. Says it's a 9.8 but the photo is a 9.6. I would think a 9.8 would get more than $24.50.

I knew someone would post this, but it was a 9.8 clearly described in description, just wrong photo. got positive feedback.

The only other one that sold (there is tons of dead stock on eBay at $100-$150) was this one, which was a Best Offer from a $99 BIN and impossible to tell what it actually sold for:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mutants-100-CGC-9-8-NM-M-Rare-Second-Print-First-X-Force-Movie-/391160703015?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5b12fea827

I knew someone would post this, but it was a 9.8 clearly described in description, just wrong photo. got positive feedback.

The only other one that sold (there is tons of dead stock on eBay at $100-$150) was this one, which was a Best Offer from a $99 BIN and impossible to tell what it actually sold for:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mutants-100-CGC-9-8-NM-M-Rare-Second-Print-First-X-Force-Movie-/391160703015?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5b12fea827

It sold for $79, I bought it. It was mislabeled as a second print though when it's really a silver-ink third print. This is the second time I've bought a 9.8 that was labeled as a second print but really was a third print. CGC mislabeled the prints for years apparently and it's hard in most photos to determine the gold or silver hue of the ink.

You should have bought that other one for $24.50 - someone got a real steal.

If I'd seen it I would have, I probably glanced at the pic and kept scrolling.

I've got some great deals on ebay just by emailing the seller to confirm a scan, etc.

How could I resist? The auction was trying to discredit my other post that they sell. It wasn't a wrong photo, just wrong description.