• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The New Mutants #100 3rd print.... low-print/HTF?

43 posts in this topic

That's a little misleading on the title of the auction. Says it's a 9.8 but the photo is a 9.6. I would think a 9.8 would get more than $24.50.

I knew someone would post this, but it was a 9.8 clearly described in description, just wrong photo. got positive feedback.

How could I resist? The auction was trying to discredit my other post that they sell. It wasn't a wrong photo, just wrong description.

Huh? The description and the title were right, it's the image that was wrong. Check the feedback, it was positive.

That's a little misleading on the title of the auction. Says it's a 9.8 but the photo is a 9.6. I would think a 9.8 would get more than $24.50.

I knew someone would post this, but it was a 9.8 clearly described in description, just wrong photo. got positive feedback.

How could I resist? The auction was trying to discredit my other post that they sell. It wasn't a wrong photo, just wrong description.

Huh? The description and the title were right, it's the image that was wrong. Check the feedback, it was positive.

Then you can't expect a good price when bidders are not sure if the book pictured is what they are going to get or not. I can't tell you how many times the description of an auction doesn't match the picture provided. And the winning bidder would receive the pictured item and not the described item.

Then you can't expect a good price when bidders are not sure if the book pictured is what they are going to get or not. I can't tell you how many times the description of an auction doesn't match the picture provided. And the winning bidder would receive the pictured item and not the described item.

As I posted earlier:

I've got some great deals on ebay just by emailing the seller to confirm a scan, etc.

As I posted earlier:

I've got some great deals on ebay just by emailing the seller to confirm a scan, etc.

I never said you didn't get great deals by contacting a seller to confirm.

These prove my other post:

You should have bought that other one for $24.50 - someone got a real steal.

If I'd seen it I would have, I probably glanced at the pic and kept scrolling.

You said it yourself. Someone got a real steal. So you can't say they are all selling for $24.50

Had others not skipped over the auction because of the photo, this might have been a higher sale for the seller.

I've been buying the second and third prints whenever I see them, I like them much more than the ugly blue purple cover that the first print has. I just bought another second print 9.8 this week.

+1 Same here. Thus I had the question on print runs which seemed to be a rabbit hole of sorts. :sick:

The only other one that sold (there is tons of dead stock on eBay at $100-$150) was this one, which was a Best Offer from a $99 BIN and impossible to tell what it actually sold for:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mutants-100-CGC-9-8-NM-M-Rare-Second-Print-First-X-Force-Movie-/391160703015?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5b12fea827

Just look up the cgc cert # in GPA, that will tell you exactly what the accepted offer/actual sale price was.

Regarding rarity.....neither of the 2nd or 3rd p[rintings of this book are all that hard to find.

$10 book in raw high grade is what I get for any one of these books, at shows.

It's a $100 book in CGC 9.8........ with the book being the 1st app of X-Force and the new Mutants possible movie tie in/related hype,it may increase.

But as far as rarity is concerned, neither the 2nd or 3rd print are anything like a Hulk 377 3rd print.

You said it yourself. Someone got a real steal. So you can't say they are all selling for $24.50

lol:roflmao: How the in the freaking world you could divine that that ONE book suddenly meant that I stated EVERY SINGLE COPY THAT EVER SOLD was at $24.50. My God.

I can only assume I'm in a conversation with one of those "gotta be right and I'll post over and over about it until everyone leaves" nerds, so see ya later Jethro.

lol:roflmao: How the in the freaking world you could divine that that ONE book suddenly meant that I stated EVERY SINGLE COPY THAT EVER SOLD was at $24.50. My God.

I can only assume I'm in a conversation with one of those "gotta be right and I'll post over and over about it until everyone leaves" nerds, so see ya later Jethro.

lol:roflmao: I thought the same thing about you.

lol:roflmao: I thought the same thing about you.

Yeah, okay. I'm the guy sitting on a pile of these books, not the one buying them. I *want* these stupid things to be worth $200+ in 9.8.

The only other one that sold (there is tons of dead stock on eBay at $100-$150) was this one, which was a Best Offer from a $99 BIN and impossible to tell what it actually sold for:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mutants-100-CGC-9-8-NM-M-Rare-Second-Print-First-X-Force-Movie-/391160703015?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5b12fea827

Just look up the cgc cert # in GPA, that will tell you exactly what the accepted offer/actual sale price was.

Regarding rarity.....neither of the 2nd or 3rd p[rintings of this book are all that hard to find.

$10 book in raw high grade is what I get for any one of these books, at shows.

It's a $100 book in CGC 9.8........ with the book being the 1st app of X-Force and the new Mutants possible movie tie in/related hype,it may increase.

But as far as rarity is concerned, neither the 2nd or 3rd print are anything like a Hulk 377 3rd print.

Hulk 377 3rd is such an oddity.

Hey $10 for a raw copy of a 2nd or 3rd printing is pretty darn good in my book and $100 for a cgc 9.8 isn't to shabby either. :cloud9:

Hey $10 for a raw copy of a 2nd or 3rd printing is pretty darn good in my book and $100 for a cgc 9.8 isn't to shabby either. :cloud9:

+1

$100 for a CGC 9.8 blue label of any book that is $10 raw , any printing is a great investment. Buy and flip all day long.

Speaking of which, whats the print run of X-Force #1 gold 2nd print?

I hardly ever come across this book in the wild. Also, for such a dreky book, I was surprised to see only 28 9.8s for X-Force #1 (1st Print) and 24 on the 2nd.. Compared to 315 on NM#100

Has anyone ever noticed that there are variants of Xforce #1, bagged editions? There are "reversed" or "negative" Captain America barcodes.

Reverse

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=252006983411&globalID=EBAY-ENCA

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=252006847759&globalID=EBAY-ENCA

Not sure if they were evenly distributed or an error.

I hardly ever come across this book in the wild.

(shrug) It should have been zero. The fact that it exists says a lot about that time period in the hobby.

I've come across enough copies while flipping through dollar bins. Likely would have seen more if I had any reason to look behind the X-Force divider in the back issue bins at stores.

Also, for such a dreky book, I was surprised to see only 28 9.8s for X-Force #1 (1st Print)

28? (shrug)

For such a book, I'm surprised to see 21 copies on the census, period.

But concerning the odd distribution of grades considering the age, it's got to be because of the bags.

and 24 on the 2nd..

out of 34 submissions...

Compared to 315 on NM#100

Well, there have been way more (close to 4x) submissions... for some reason.

*Obviously this whole discussion is about CGC Universal graded copies.

Has anyone ever noticed that there are variants of Xforce #1, bagged editions? There are "reversed" or "negative" Captain America barcodes.

Reverse

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=252006983411&globalID=EBAY-ENCA

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=252006847759&globalID=EBAY-ENCA

Not sure if they were evenly distributed or an error.

Weird that is the first I ever heard of this, pretty cool, however with the insane amount printed of this issue, not sure either version would be rare.

I don't recall every hearing any confirmed info. as to the reason for the negative UPC.

Thread here, but no info.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4110150

I snapped to it the night we were at the shop selling to customers standing in

lines out my front door. Suddenly I was selling 10 copies, not 5. And was on

the phone to reorder before Diamond closed for the evening.

I don't recall every hearing any confirmed info. as to the reason for the negative UPC.

Thread here, but no info.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4110150

I snapped to it the night we were at the shop selling to customers standing in

lines out my front door. Suddenly I was selling 10 copies, not 5. And was on

the phone to reorder before Diamond closed for the evening.

I'm not sure that it was ever explicitly explained by Marvel, but this has to be the reason right here. That's not the sort of thing that pops up as an error. They created an alternate version because they knew that there would be enough people out there that had to have every version, so it would sell more copies.

I hardly ever come across this book in the wild.

(shrug) It should have been zero. The fact that it exists says a lot about that time period in the hobby.

Haters gonna hate... For me this book hit me on all cords when I was a kid in 1991. Fresh off the coat tales of Terminator 2 that's where I saw the X-Force series as a kid. Larger than life guns, men from the future with a cybernetic look to them. Women with small waists big butts and boobs.... some things I guess stuck. But that was what I enjoyed about the book and where I saw the comparisons.

As for the question on the 2nd Print, yes they were harder to find but still a dollar bin type book. Just so many 9.6 and below books for this one.

Also, for such a dreky book, I was surprised to see only 28 9.8s for X-Force #1 (1st Print)

28? (shrug)

For such a book, I'm surprised to see 21 copies on the census, period.

But concerning the odd distribution of grades considering the age, it's got to be because of the bags.

The first prints are hard as hell to get in 9.8 condition. Basically have to find a copy that someone took out of the poly bag back in 91' and then bagged and boarded. The poly bag causes one hell of a crease down the back end and the front cover if there are multiple books stacked on top of one another. Another issue was the cards packed in the poly bags as well. They also caused creases that even when turned in for pressing never was able to be squished out. In total over 4 years of collecting and 13 separate submissions I finally found one for sale on eBay last month.