• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chuck explains his Mile High pricing

906 posts in this topic

Whew! All caught up!

(snip)

(snip)

(snip)

That you have devolved to name calling and insults means you have lost. Not because I have won, or have demonstrated any superiority over you in any way, but because you are incapable of controlling your emotions when having a disagreement with others.

That is unfortunate, but all too common. Don't be angry with me because of the way you think my posts "come across." Be angry with yourself for your lack of control.

I suspect, RMA, that you are attempting to bring rationality and a logical thought process into a debate with what appears to be a couple of 14-year olds. It's not that it can never be done and the debate turned productive... but the odds are massively against it.

It is tough to outwit twenty eight years of experience.

Whew! All caught up!

(snip)

(snip)

(snip)

That you have devolved to name calling and insults means you have lost. Not because I have won, or have demonstrated any superiority over you in any way, but because you are incapable of controlling your emotions when having a disagreement with others.

That is unfortunate, but all too common. Don't be angry with me because of the way you think my posts "come across." Be angry with yourself for your lack of control.

I suspect, RMA, that you are attempting to bring rationality and a logical thought process into a debate with what appears to be a couple of 14-year olds. It's not that it can never be done and the debate turned productive... but the odds are massively against it.

Agreed, and thank you for stating it. But, the exercise has multiple benefits not always obvious on the surface, so I engage.

:)

It is tough to outwit twenty eight years of experience.

Well, I happen to have 35-years experience!

Unfortunately, it's 6-months each in 70 different areas. :(

Seems like personal attacks happening on both sides. But what do I know.

You would be wrong.

Disagreeing with someone is not "personally attacking" them. Expecting people to use logic and reason is not "personally attacking" them. Holding people to higher standards is not "personally attacking" them.

And that really highlights the problem: too many people think that people challenging them or criticizing their views is a "personal attack."

No, a personal attack is attacking the person, not their ideas or statements.

Whew! All caught up!

(snip)

(snip)

(snip)

When you firmly place your lips against RMA's buttocks, do you ever sniff?

You would be wrong.

99.9999999999999999% of your arguments include a statement like this.

I had an independent group of comic board interns work the math and they proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that you "always think you are right" and "you always think the other person is wrong" and you state it.

Just the facts people. It is science and it blinded me.

I radically overpay for things I want all the time, relative to what they are "worth" on the open market. And I am thrilled with most of those deals, and think they are FANTASTIC deals.

I'd like examples of this as the comment on it's face makes zero sense.

Whew! All caught up!

(snip)

(snip)

(snip)

Well, I stand corrected. Make that 12-years old.

And no... this is not an insult... especially if the posters really are adolescents as I have come to suspect. And if for some truly unfortunate reason they are not, well their posts can be seen for what they are.... I am hardly doing any insulting to them.

Seems like personal attacks happening on both sides. But what do I know.

You would be wrong.

Disagreeing with someone is not "personally attacking" them. Expecting people to use logic and reason is not "personally attacking" them. Holding people to higher standards is not "personally attacking" them.

And that really highlights the problem: too many people think that people challenging them or criticizing their views is a "personal attack."

No, a personal attack is attacking the person, not their ideas or statements.

I am quite familiar with what a personal attack is. And I am seeing it from both sides. We'll have to just disagree on this.

Whew! All caught up!

(snip)

(snip)

(snip)

Well, I stand corrected. Make that 12-years old.

And no... this is not an insult... especially if the posters really are adolescents as I have come to suspect. And if for some truly unfortunate reason they are not, well their posts can be seen for what they are.... I am hardly doing any insulting to them.

???

I was going to come back with the "rubber versus glue" argument, but I thought it a little much.

However, why not act like an adolescent if RMA (and a select few others) are going to post like they are our parents - teaching us lessons, telling us when we are wrong and spanking us when we misbehave.

If everything I always say is "wrong" even though we are just talking opinions here, why should I invest actual brain cells in a discussion with them?

By the way - I don't really know you, I just included you because you supported RMA. For all I know you are awesome-sauce!

(snip)

:blahblah:

I can hear your mouth foaming from here.

You really do come across as a nasty person sometimes. (shrug)

(snip)

:blahblah:

I can hear your mouth foaming from here.

You really do come across as a nasty person sometimes. (shrug)

Fair, I am not perfect. I do try to keep it to only a few people though; however, the list has grown slightly....

I radically overpay for things I want all the time, relative to what they are "worth" on the open market. And I am thrilled with most of those deals, and think they are FANTASTIC deals.

Why is it so hard to make sense of? Lots of people radically overpay if they want something, especially if they want it now rather than later.

Why is it so hard to make sense of? Lots of people radically overpay if they want something, especially if they want it now rather than later.

Agreed. I know I've overpaid for things I want.

You would be wrong.

99.9999999999999999% of your arguments include a statement like this.

Hyperbole aside, you are offended, because you don't like forthrightness. You would rather have people dance around the issue, using coddling language, couching everything in indirect, nebulous, vague, indecisive terms.

The fact is, however, that wombat's supposition is wrong. There are no "personal attacks" from "both sides."

Would you have preferred I say "well, I'm sure it might seem that way to you, but, in my honest opinion, I don't think that's quite as accurate as all that. But that's just my honest opinion, your mileage, of course, may vary."

Yes, I believe you would.

But that is a waste of time, and disrespects the intellect of both the person to whom I'm responding, and everyone else reading.

Wombat is wrong, because you have not been personally attacked in this thread, at least by me. And to suggest otherwise is not correct, both logically and morally.

I had an independent group of comic board interns work the math and they proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that you "always think you are right" and "you always think the other person is wrong" and you state it.

Just the facts people. It is science and it blinded me.

And, as is usual for people who don't like to be directly challenged, the accusations of "you always think you're right"...which has no bearing whatsoever on the discussion...is again trotted out.

No, the reality is, I don't sit here and post silly nonsense that I don't believe is correct, and never have. Foolish people might. But most of the people here do not. Do you say things you know, or suspect, aren't correct? No. Of course not. You always "think you are right"...and so does everyone else, or...follow me now...they wouldn't post it in the first place.

Everyone thinks they are right, because that is the nature of understanding.

If am I wrong...prove me wrong! I welcome and relish the opportunity to learn, to grow, to think better and more intelligently about the topics which interest me. Don't you...? If I say "the moon is made of fine, aged gouda" and someone comes along and says "No, RMA, you're wrong, the moon is made of similar elemental minerals to the earth", would I be offended? Should I be? Clearly, I'm wrong. So what's the problem with someone saying it?

No, what you take offense to is that you don't like being disagreed with, and view it as a personal attack.

Define radically overpay.

Without getting into dollars and cents, I've paid next years prices for this years books more than once. Sometimes 25-30% over what they are worth on expensive books.

But that's not really the issue. The issue is that you can't really tell someone what they can charge for a product. You can only choose whether you will pay it or not.

You can talk about it on the internet too if that floats your boat but if people are going to make it personal and derogatory then they lose credibility with me.

And again, I'm not a Chuck supporter or a detractor, and as far as I know, I have never done business with him.

You either accept free enterprise or you don't but if you don't accept it then don't play the double standard - give up everything for the greater good of your fellow man. lol

I am quite familiar with what a personal attack is. And I am seeing it from both sides. We'll have to just disagree on this.

Don't just make the accusation, then, back it up with evidence.

Where have you seen a personal attack on rfoiii, specifically from myself?

If you make the accusation...you need to be prepared to back it up. That is fair, reasonable, and equitable.

Don't you agree?