• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Diamond Galleries

86 posts in this topic

712386-batmanjam.jpg

Great Batman jam -

top left: Robin Dies at Dawn cover homage of Bats 156, Shelly Moldoff

bottom left: Murphy Anderson

top right: Sprang

bottom right: Neal Adams

center: ???

893whatthe.gif

712372-barks5.jpg

Barks

hail.gif

It was used for the cover of Overstreet Price Guide #7.

31_1_b.JPG

hail.gif indeed.

The OS #7 was not only my first look at a price guide, but also of the work of Barks.

hail.gif

712402-rossavengers4.jpg

Ross's Avengers 4 Homage (do you remember what guide this was the cover for?)

Is that the Sub-Mariner in the back, freekin cool. hail.gif

I have to disagree with you.........

It's FREEKIN' COOL!

I wanted to share with everyone some cool photos from my tour of the Diamond Galleries. I had a great time and would like to thank everyone at Diamond / Gemstone for the experience.

I would highly recommend that everyone who has the time take advantage of the gallery. It is a mecca of comic-dom and something that everyone should see if they can,

Here come the pictures,

Thanks for sharing all your pictures of the Diamond Galleries. Did you also get to see Steve's private office. One of the nicest offices I have ever been in.

I assume the inside of the vault which houses all of the old comics was closed off to public viewing.

I wanted to share with everyone some cool photos from my tour of the Diamond Galleries. I had a great time and would like to thank everyone at Diamond / Gemstone for the experience.

I would highly recommend that everyone who has the time take advantage of the gallery. It is a mecca of comic-dom and something that everyone should see if they can,

Here come the pictures,

Thanks for sharing all your pictures of the Diamond Galleries. Did you also get to see Steve's private office. One of the nicest offices I have ever been in.

I assume the inside of the vault which houses all of the old comics was closed off to public viewing.

They had some long boxes laid out but you couldn't go through them. It was mostly behind the scenes. DIdn't get a chance to see Steves' private office - I can imagine that it would be killer!

712392-donald.jpg

I need a little help from the Gemstone boys but I believe that this copy was Walt Disney's personal copy. Sorry for the glare,

and btw - this is what's on the other side of the display case with the Action 1 / Tec 27, etc.

Thanks for the fabulous pics! You do a good showing folks a glimmer of the what the gallery is like. It is even more overwhelming in person -- an orgy of color and comics that overloads the senses so much it is disorienting. There is also a library of bound file copies. I still remember pulling down one for Centaur comics showing the issues from the Amazing Mystery Funnies!

The WDCS copy in question is almost certainly the Crescent City copy, which was rumored to be a NM and the best known copy.

712360-barks2.jpg

More barks!

893applaud-thumb.gif Thanks for the pics Dave - I wish I coulda joined you! cool.gif

Great stuff.

Are there really lots of collectors of Bark Duck stuff?

I like the published stuff.

The Overstreet covers by Barks and Ross are awesome.

Are duck paintings going for 100k yet?

Not very knowledgable on the duck stuff, so I'd be curious if anybody knows of any recent sales.

712395-ducksmeetbat.jpg

The Gallery has a bunch of cool little toys and there are several display cases highlighting them. They didn't photo so well though. Here's some duck toys with another Batman daily in the background,

Thats an awesome Kane Batman strip in the background. I remember when that sold for $43,000 in a Heritage auction. I didn't realize that Geppi had bought her.