• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The very 1st Wonder Woman sketch ever is up for sale

10 posts in this topic

The first sketch of Wonder Woman from 1941 is up for sale. The piece, drawn by artist H.G. Peter includes his notes to writer William Moulton Marston and the creators notes back.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/04/09/first-wonder-woman-sketch-by-h-g-peter-up-for-sale/

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?id=647626

44A9A9D5-1198-4FA2-B4AD-2264E768D6B2.jpg

Wow, that's hilarious. Leave it to Bleeding Cool to break news from five years ago. Just more of the stellar reporting that I've come to expect from such a respected news outlet.

lol

In other breaking news Image Comics is releasing a zombie comic by the creator of Invincible.

Actually if you scroll down their main page under the "record breaking sales" there's an image of it and it says it sold for $75,000. I guess it would have been difficult to find. By scrolling. lol

I remember that auction -- very cool piece, but certainly not "news" as it did occur years ago... unless you're a lazy writer who doesn't take time to actually research your stories.

154353.jpg.71db065947037b3fc062e0c68b480e0d.jpg

Actually if you scroll down their main page under the "record breaking sales" there's an image of it and it says it sold for $75,000. I guess it would have been difficult to find. By scrolling. lol

I remember that auction -- very cool piece, but certainly not "news" as it did occur years ago... unless you're a lazy writer who doesn't take time to actually research your stories.

$75,000 sounds low, I would have expected it to sell for much higher.

$75,000 sounds low, I would have expected it to sell for much higher.

For the sake of clarity, the $75,000 sale on this piece was in 2006. The previous public sale before that was in 2002 for about $33,000.

If this piece came to market now in the current environment, it would sell for considerably more then $75,000 (IMO).

Also for clarification, to my knowledge, this piece is not being offered for sale on ComicLink or anywhere else

Although, if the current owner is reading and interested in moving it, please shoot me a PM! :baiting: