• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are (insert name here) doing commissions? / random questions

9 posts in this topic

Hi People,

I am relatively new to the hobby and I was wondering if anyone knew if

- Alex Saviuk

- Sal Buscema

are doing any type of commission work? (I searched on these boards, but couldnt find anything)

I am a huge fan of both their work, but it seems most of their work is locked down in collections. I follow the usual sites like Romitaman and Anthony, but it appears (aside from auctions) I cant seem to find any decent work from them. (Coollines has alot of stuff.. but hey..)

Can anyone help me out with some insight?

Thnx alot people,

Dab.

I've seen Alex Saviuk at conventions in the past, and conventions are usually the best way to find artists and arrange for commissions, either at the event or that they take home and fulfill later.

I've never seen or heard of Sal Buscema appearing at any recent conventions however.

Your best research tool is a simple search engine like Google to look for ways to contact the artists, as the message boards are a good tool, but not exclusive nor sometimes up to date.

I did a search for you, it took me less than 1 minute...

You can get in touch with Alex via Linkedin possibly:

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/alex-saviuk/1/358/91b

And here's info on Sal Buscema, whether accurate or not, I don't know, since it is the internet

http://www.statuemarvels.com/f444/available-do-comic-art-commissions-sal-buscema-22145.html

This was posted in 2013 but gives the rates and contact info

Rick,

Thnx alot. Ive found the links you found and those proofed a death end sadly.

As for conventions, I should have told that I am a european and for us it appears to be a needle in a haystack to get reliable contact information.

You looking for Spidey art specifically?

I know I've seen plenty of Saviuk "Web of" art at shows over the years. I can't imagine it would be too expensive. Sal (his second stint on PP) shouldn't be very pricey either.

@Chris: Spidey and incredible hulk indeed.

I dont think the price will be the biggest problem indeed. Finding the pieces is the problem I am facing at the moment. I havent seen decent affordable pieces of them on Romita and Anthony since early 2014. Could be I am looking at the wrong place, hence this thread.

Sal does commissions through his rep Al - see below for an entry on my blog. It is a little dated but I know Sal still does commissions (can't promise he is open at this exact time but I know he still is active - just depends on his current backlog if he is taking them right now.

https://thejadegiant.wordpress.com/2013/07/24/sal-buscema-hulk-interview-podcast-and-a-great-commission-opportunity/