• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink April Focused auction -- post 'em if you got 'em (or lost 'em)

90 posts in this topic

I hit these auctions hard and spent a lot of money that I didn't want to.

These books were going really CHEAP!!!

Now I am only 3 books away from having a full CM Thanos Saga Set in 9.6

(Out of the 25–33 set I just need 26, 27 and 28)

RADACE782015318_111944.jpg

Here's some more junk I picked up...

A couple of White Mountains (why not!)

RAD497F72015319_141558.jpg

RAD67C2C2015319_141430.jpg

RAD428372015323_155150.jpg

RAD9ECCC2015312_15851.jpg

:cloud9:

So that was you that outbid me on the TOS 94. lol

I'll have to be content with my VF raw for a bit longer, it seems. That book doesn't come up often.

I'll have to be content with my VF raw for a bit longer, it seems. That book doesn't come up often.

sorry brother, I saw something a few weeks ago that got me on fire for this book...

It looks like I was wrong though.

I was at subway and I noticed an Avengers 2 campaign and all the toys they had in the line-up were characters I knew were going to be in the movie except one...

MODOK! I said to myself well this maybe a hidden character so I've been stocking up in any grade. But I guess that was just a fake out in subway because I've had it confirmed that isn't the case.

sorry brother, I saw something a few weeks ago that got me on fire for this book...

I was at subway and I noticed an Avengers 2 campaign and all the toys they had in the line-up were characters I knew were going to be in the movie except one...

MODOK! I said to myself well this maybe a hidden character so I've been stocking up in any grade. But I guess that was just a fake out in subway because I've had it confirmed that isn't the case.

I had a tracking bid on that #94 as well, and have also been buying them when I see them. It's not an easy book in 9.2 or better, and its pricey when you do see it. There seems to be a lot of folks, me included, who think it's just a matter to time before MODOK makes an appearance in TV or film.

I had a tracking bid on that #94 as well, and have also been buying them when I see them. It's not an easy book in 9.2 or better, and its pricey when you do see it. There seems to be a lot of folks, me included, who think it's just a matter to time before MODOK makes an appearance in TV or film.

MODOK would certainly be over the top..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus0 (thumbs u

MODOK would certainly be over the top..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus0 (thumbs u

oh I agree, but how fun that would be if done right.

:cloud9:

...MODOK was always a favorite..... I'd show up if he was in a flick..... I'd see him against a single hero rather than a team, though. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

...MODOK was always a favorite..... I'd show up if he was in a flick..... I'd see him against a single hero rather than a team, though. GOD BLESS...

I just like collecting the freakier Marvel villains, and this weirdo has got to be near the top. lol

Oh, and it looks like a 9.2 will be in the next CLink featured.

My wins from last night:

Action 684

HOXkmeU.jpg

(thumbs u

I was curious to see what this would go for, I have my own and I got it for a price similar to this one back in 2008. There are some crazy BIN prices for this one.

I was a bit surprised, I got it as cheap as I did.

Looks like another great night to be buying books. I grabbed a nice set of Bronze X-Men including a nice 141 and a nice Secret Wars 8. Not dirt cheap but definetely a fun buying auction this time around.

Got sidetracked. Completely forgot about it, had a piece of OA I was wanting to get for my daughter's room but looks like I'll be getting her another sketch cover :( Still have my eye on a Harvey file copy or two so maybe more than one book out of this auction.....

I had lots of fun buying Harvey File copies tonight. I got about twenty CGC 9.8 books from the 1960s. It looked like there was not a lot of competition. I think there were too many books and not enough interest. Or, perhaps I just paid more than they were worth.

http://www.comiclink.com/img/comics/scans/RAD63F3F2015326_122134.jpg

http://www.comiclink.com/img/comics/scans/RADD06732015326_111836.jpg

http://www.comiclink.com/img/comics/scans/RADACB9F2015326_85252.jpg

I stopped bidding due to another commitment that came up and me having won too much stuff already in this auction. But I still ended up with these. I wish I could have bid more on Harvey night, as many of the Baby Hueys went cheap :cry:

RADE27D22015326_114436.jpg

RADF16212015325_162313.jpg

RAD654942015325_162532.jpg

Thanks - the regular Baby Hueys went first, so maybe the Baby Huey collectors ran out of $ by the time they got to Ducklands. Don't know, but I wasn't expecting to get 9.8s so cheap. Another surprise was the PQ on all three that I did win.

There were a lot of file copies in the warehouse.... but that still doesn't diminish the coolness of some of these. It's a buyer's market..... but what a market :cloud9: Geppi's son was selling off a lot of them on eBay several years ago and I got some sweet Stumbo books very reasonably priced. GOD BLESS...