• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink April Focused auction -- post 'em if you got 'em (or lost 'em)

90 posts in this topic

For $11?

This was one of the earliest comics I every owned outside of GI Joe and Transformers books. I think I picked this up even before I got into Spider-Man as a kid. I remember getting this on vacation to keep me quiet in the back of the car.

D0588E91-18CE-4DD2-BDCC-2855C261FA4E.jpg

Those two Star Wars 42 CGC 9.8s look like a good deal. Wish I had more money.

Had to pull the trigger. Prices getting out of hand on SW books (see #1 :o ), and I've been looking for the right copy of this issue for years. Into the collection it finally goes.... :cloud9:

Star%20Wars%2042_zpsuj2pearn.jpg

Those two Star Wars 42 CGC 9.8s look like a good deal. Wish I had more money.

Had to pull the trigger. Prices getting out of hand on SW books (see #1 :o ), and I've been looking for the right copy of this issue for years. Into the collection it finally goes.... :cloud9:

Star%20Wars%2042_zpsuj2pearn.jpg

Nice looking copy!

Looks like a lot of books are going for way under GPA tonight. I should have gone in for another bid on that Preacher 1 CGC 9.6 - it went way too cheap. I did just win a She-Hulk 1 CGC 9.6 so its been a good night so far.

Bidding has been weak in general. Some books have done well, but I'm glad I'm not selling in this one. Probably too close on the heals of their last one; they have a featured right around the corner; CConnect is underway. Saturation?

I believe so.

It started like the day after the March one ended.

People are probably waiting for the big auction next month.

I didn't pay much attention to this one as I did the two month before. Seeing these comments about over-saturation and con season approaching had me thinking, are prices usually higher in Feb/March possibly due to tax refunds, and price a bit lower during con/vacation season?

I was blown away by how much a difference the three X-Men 266 CGC 9.8 went for. One was $355 and the other was $279. I can't even tell the difference between the two copies in terms of centering.

Heck, that low 9.8 went for only a few more dollars the a 9.6 in the same auction. Crazy results last night.

I was blown away by how much a difference the three X-Men 266 CGC 9.8 went for. One was $355 and the other was $279. I can't even tell the difference between the two copies in terms of centering.

Heck, that low 9.8 went for only a few more dollars the a 9.6 in the same auction. Crazy results last night.

If I were the seller of the second 9.8, I'd be making a phone call this morning.

no need to have two copies in the same auction.

Star Wars #1 CGC 9.8 WP 2500 bucks tonight.

That is just crazy money. GPA is showing 23 have sold in the last 90 days - definitely not a rare book that needed to be pushed up way over GPA.

If I were the seller of the second 9.8, I'd be making a phone call this morning.

There was actually 3 copies up for sale with the middle one going for $300!

I was liking that Miracleman 15 in 9.6..... but didn't get it. There was a beautiful WWBN 43 in 9.6 that was also tempting. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Actually I was the owner on the lower 266 and it's totally my own undoing. Comiclink has a backlog on certain books in grade (which goes to show you how many there really are) and they have had my book since December. I had been on them as of late to try and get my books in and that is the result. I don't feel too bad about it because if it had gone in December it would have been closer to that price. Still way more than doubling my money on it too so yes, disappointing but no not worthy of a phone call.

I hit these auctions hard and spent a lot of money that I didn't want to.

These books were going really CHEAP!!!

Now I am only 3 books away from having a full CM Thanos Saga Set in 9.6

(Out of the 25–33 set I just need 26, 27 and 28)

RADACE782015318_111944.jpg

Here's some more junk I picked up...

A couple of White Mountains (why not!)

RAD497F72015319_141558.jpg

RAD67C2C2015319_141430.jpg

RAD428372015323_155150.jpg

RAD9ECCC2015312_15851.jpg

:cloud9:

I hit these auctions hard and spent a lot of money that I didn't want to.

These books were going really CHEAP!!!

Now I am only 3 books away from having a full CM Thanos Saga Set in 9.6

(Out of the 25–33 set I just need 26, 27 and 28)

RADACE782015318_111944.jpg

Here's some more junk I picked up...

A couple of White Mountains (why not!)

RAD497F72015319_141558.jpg

RAD67C2C2015319_141430.jpg

RAD428372015323_155150.jpg

RAD9ECCC2015312_15851.jpg

:cloud9:

Nice set of books. I knew it was buyers auction when I was putting in bids 20% under GPA on hot books and I won the book or was the underbidder on almost all of them.