• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink April Focused auction -- post 'em if you got 'em (or lost 'em)

90 posts in this topic

I tried for the Little Dot #1 for a while and just couldn't make myself spend that kind of money on a book that really didn't have a place in my collection. With that said, it still only went for about half of what they themselves were reporting a 7.0 went for. Definitely a buyer's market out there.

I also like one other book that I had seen in the wild before and thought it would be "neat" to have but apparently someone else thought it was neat too. Shutout again.

I tried for the Little Dot #1 for a while and just couldn't make myself spend that kind of money on a book that really didn't have a place in my collection. With that said, it still only went for about half of what they themselves were reporting a 7.0 went for. Definitely a buyer's market out there.

I also like one other book that I had seen in the wild before and thought it would be "neat" to have but apparently someone else thought it was neat too. Shutout again.

What did Little Dot 1 go for ? was it an American copy ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I don't remember exactly but I want to say $450+ The 7.0 they were talking about went for something more like $950. Both were Australian distribution but printed in America from the way it read.

There were a lot of file copies in the warehouse.... but that still doesn't diminish the coolness of some of these. It's a buyer's market..... but what a market :cloud9: Geppi's son was selling off a lot of them on eBay several years ago and I got some sweet Stumbo books very reasonably priced. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The Stumbos listed on the Clink auction were ones I already had :cry:

Thanks - the regular Baby Hueys went first, so maybe the Baby Huey collectors ran out of $ by the time they got to Ducklands. Don't know, but I wasn't expecting to get 9.8s so cheap. Another surprise was the PQ on all three that I did win.

Now quick question - I know that you have stated that you take them out of the slabs. Do you do that with 9.8 file copies though? Just wondering because of the books were to ever change hands would they retain their provenance as file copies without the "official" say so.

Thanks - the regular Baby Hueys went first, so maybe the Baby Huey collectors ran out of $ by the time they got to Ducklands. Don't know, but I wasn't expecting to get 9.8s so cheap. Another surprise was the PQ on all three that I did win.

Now quick question - I know that you have stated that you take them out of the slabs. Do you do that with 9.8 file copies though? Just wondering because of the books were to ever change hands would they retain their provenance as file copies without the "official" say so.

Yeah - they'll be cracked out, but I keep the labels. I'm a collector, first and foremost, so having books in a slab really doesn't do it for me. I have a ton of raw file copies - I don't personally see that they have any provenance other than a guaranty that they suffered under poor storage conditions.

I don't know what you need to prove "file copies". I would wager, very little.