• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Silver Surfer 4, Resub Candidate? RESULTS IN!

68 posts in this topic

I'm at a 7.5 due to the rough right edge it looks like it has a few color breaking creases on that edge and it has a corner bump/ding on the bottom right corner, it looks like it might affect all of the pages and back cover. I think it might be able to get bumped up to a 8.0 /8.5 with a press.

It must have been a glare because the corner looks a lot better in that pic. Seeing that it's not a corner ding. I'd be at a solid 8.0.

I really think this book could get a 8.5/9.0 with a dry clean and press. I don't think it would get anything higher than a 9.0 due to the all small color breaking creases it has on that corner and right edge.

If there's a big price bump from what ever it's graded at to a 8.5 to 9.0 than I would get it dry cleaned and pressed but if there's not a big difference in price by getting it bumped to a 8.5/9.0 then I would just leave it as is or if it has a crazy low grade than I would break it out because it would probably look great in a Mylar.

I'm at a 7.5 due to the rough right edge it looks like it has a few color breaking creases on that edge and it has a corner bump/ding on the bottom right corner, it looks like it might affect all of the pages and back cover. I think it might be able to get bumped up to a 8.0 /8.5 with a press.

:winnah: at 7.5

I don't believe it has been pressed, but I'm not 100% sure.

Maybe I'll crack it and get it pressed hm

The spine on this squarebound is perfectly ' square'. I would be very concerned that pressing it will

smash the spine down. It may not hurt the grade but a flattened spine on a squarebound is not attractive.

The spine on this squarebound is perfectly ' square'. I would be very concerned that pressing it will

smash the spine down. It may not hurt the grade but a flattened spine on a squarebound is not attractive.

I'm open to any advice or opinions. I really just feel like this book deserves a higher grade.

I'm open to any advice or opinions. I really just feel like this book deserves a higher grade.

Do NOT press a square bound book,this book has a perfect spine. Be happy with what you have.

Do NOT press a square bound book,this book has a perfect spine. Be happy with what you have.

Lots of folks press their GSX1 due to glue problems during manufacturing. Doing so made my 7.5 GSX 1 bump to an 8.0. Well, it could've just been that the grader got lucky the night before, but the copy was noticeably nicer.

Lots of folks press their GSX1 due to glue problems during manufacturing. Doing so made my 7.5 GSX 1 bump to an 8.0. Well, it could've just been that the grader got lucky the night before, but the copy was noticeably nicer.

You went to all that trouble just to get a .5 grade bump? :screwy:

This book looks pretty flat. The pressing wont undo the color breaking creases, I've also had a 9.2 GSMX1 pressed, and it came back, 9.2 :acclaim:

You went to all that trouble just to get a .5 grade bump? :screwy:

It looks so much better. It presents better.

And adding some monetary value over the course of time for which I intend to hold it makes sense. This book's value will hold steady--it's an evergreen. Eventually I'll sell it, or have it buried with me--I haven't decided--and I'll take the added dollas.

SS 4 is also a collector's prize and one that will hold value. And some of us like the numbers. :D

This book looks pretty flat. The pressing wont undo the color breaking creases, I've also had a 9.2 GSMX1 pressed, and it came back, 9.2 :acclaim:

Did it look any better or did you just think, "meh, whatever."