• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first grades

8 posts in this topic

On the whole, I'm pleased, but puzzled by the grades on 3 books. I had 4 books slabbed, and got these results:

Book -- Expected Grade -- Grade Received

NYX #3 -- 9.8 -- 9.8

Avengers Annual #10 -- 9.6 -- 9.4

Ms. Marvel #18 -- 9.0 -- 9.4

Daredevil #168 -- 9.4 -- 9.2

I really have to think that the Ms Marvel is over graded, or else the Daredevil and Avengers are undergraded. There is no way I can see that the Avengers and the Ms Marvel are the same grade. With a black cover, the MM shows two small color-breaks on the spine and some stress around the staples. The Avengers is solid red all the way around, showing a small rounding of the lower left corner. And I never would've guessed the Daredevil was the lowest grade of the bunch. A 9.4 was a little optimistic but not really a reach, especially looking at the flaws of the MM. Oh, well, on the whole they are good grades and very welcome, evne if they are a little unexpected.

NYX # 3 - 9.8 NICE! smile.gif

As for "expecting" grades on your book, please don't do it. It's almost impossible to predict a grade. Just let it go.

Submitting older books to CGC it's like a lottery.

I have submitted a few books with hope that I'll get 9.4 and got 9.0 and some of my expectations were to get 9.8 and I got 10.0. So, we will never understand the minds of CGC graders and their take on their grading.

Like I said, submitting to CGC is a lottery. Today you may win or loose. I never met a person who could predict all grades on their submissions.

My suggestion would be - If I didn't get the desired grade on my book, I would sell it, get a better copy of the book and resubmit it again.

smile.gif

On the whole, I'm pleased, but puzzled by the grades on 3 books. I had 4 books slabbed, and got these results:

NYX #3 -- 9.8 -- 9.8

I suggest you give us a call this week toll free @ 1-877-NM-COMIC and ask for notes for your comics.

Although some of us do not take notes on comics in the NM range....

I personally usually write notes for MODERNS on anything below a 9.8, so if it was me who pregraded those comics there will be notes on them for sure.

Either Way, I suggest you give us a call and ask for notes. If there are notes, we will tell them to you and it may clear your confusion on why your books got certain grades.

Have a great day. flowerred.gif

NYX #3 -- 9.8 -- 9.8

I suggest you give us a call this week toll free @ 1-877-NM-COMIC and ask for notes for your comics.

I personally usually write notes for MODERNS on anything below a 9.8, so if it was me who pregraded those comics there will be notes on them for sure.

Either Way, I suggest you give us a call and ask for notes. If there are notes, we will tell them to you and it may clear your confusion on why your books got certain grades.

Customer Service at it's best!

thumbsup2.gif

NYX #3 -- 9.8 -- 9.8

Customer Service at it's best!

thumbsup2.gif

They could print the notes out and include them with the book - now that would get my thumbsup2.gif