• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old Timer Unsure of Where to Post

19 posts in this topic

I recently announced my return to collecting after an eight plus year break. As I mentioned, I am, at least initially, going to focus on Pre-Hero Marvel/Atlas Post-Code Sci-Fi.

But, as I get books, I am confronted with three primary threads, all of which would qualify:

a) What's new in your Silver Age collection this week

b) Show Us Your 10-Cente-ers

c) Pre-hero Marvels!!!!

I am not a fan of cross-posting but any new book I get would automatically qualify for a) and c). A decent percentage are ten-centers and would qualify as well for b)

So do I cross-post? Post once and cross-link? I am in a quandary. :ohnoez:

I would either pick one, or create the "PovertyRow returns to comics" thread and post everything you acquire there. Heck, you could change the title of this very thread and post everything here!

If you only want one thread, I'd go with "C". I think it's the overall best fit. "A" has a bit of everything, and your books will get lost amid Millie The Model and Not Brand Echh. "B" is also a pretty broad category, and seems like more of a catch-all.

Ultimately you should post wherever you want. People will appreciate seeing the books regardless.

Maybe consider starting a journal thread? hm

I recently announced my return to collecting after an eight plus year break. As I mentioned, I am, at least initially, going to focus on Pre-Hero Marvel/Atlas Post-Code Sci-Fi.

But, as I get books, I am confronted with three primary threads, all of which would qualify:

c) Pre-hero Marvels!!!!

I am not a fan of cross-posting but any new book I get would automatically qualify for a) and c). A decent percentage are ten-centers and would qualify as well for b)

If you're going after Pre-Hero Marvels, post everything in the Pre-Hero Marvel thread. The clue's in the question!!!! :/

I think posting in more than one isn't all that bad. I'll post new stuff in it's appropriate thread, for me, it's usually Atlas or PHM's, but I'll also post in the Comics General "What's new in my collection" thread to show these books to the newer collectors who may not be aware of the material. Over the years I've gotten PMs from these guys asking about Atlas or Pre Codes with questions about what's good and where to find them. Some of them are just in their early 20's and I always thought it was my responsibility to "give back" a little. Even though high grade examples of a lot of the earlier books can be pricey, the solid 2.5 to 5.0 range can actually be kind of affordable and a lot more challenging to find than material from the 70's onward. GOD BLESS

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I think posting in more than one isn't all that bad. I'll post new stuff in it's appropriate thread, for me, it's usually Atlas or PHM's, but I'll also post in the Comics General "What's new in my collection" thread to show these books to the newer collectors who may not be aware of the material. Over the years I've gotten PMs from these guys asking about Atlas or Pre Codes with questions about what's good and where to find them. Some of them are just in their early 20's and I always thought it was my responsibility to "give back" a little. Even though high grade examples of a lot of the earlier books can be pricey, the solid 2.5 to 5.0 range can actually be kind of affordable and a lot more challenging to find than material from the 70's onward. GOD BLESS

Lots of people cross post. Just go with your gut, Pov!

c) Pre-hero Marvels!!!!

Some of this stuff could be posted in the Gold forum. Atlas published just after the implementation of the Code is Gold, imo. (Sadly, the Atom Age appellation never really caught on and is more of a sub-age)

Lots of people cross post. Just go with your gut, Pov!

I agree... but better still, mass postings everywhere! Even go to the modern section and post to show those guys something new(old)!

Post them anywhere you want! :headbang: Great comics to be searching for.....good luck!

I made a thread in the silver area for the last 100 or so comics I needed to have every Marvel comic from 1/1960 to 12/1979. Then expanded it to 1/1959 to 12/1979 once I finished the first task. Still need 30 comics to have from implosion up 9/1957 to 12/1979. Then I lost the collecting bug. Have not bought a comic in 6 months. :cry: I hope the bug comes back around like it did for you. :cloud9:

Some of this stuff could be posted in the Gold forum. Atlas published just after the implementation of the Code is Gold, imo. (Sadly, the Atom Age appellation never really caught on and is more of a sub-age)

So true, at least when it comes to audience. I posted a 1957 Atlas for one week in the Silver section on ebay, and then the following week in the Gold - and got at least four times the page views when in the Gold section.

My thanks to those supporting the cross posts. I SHALL cross-post in Pre-Hero Marvel and What's New. And I think I shall start a Journal as well as suggested by steveinthecity. I used to write and miss it. A journal would be fun!

My thanks to those supporting the cross posts. I SHALL cross-post in Pre-Hero Marvel and What's New. And I think I shall start a Journal as well as suggested by steveinthecity. I used to write and miss it. A journal would be fun!

....I know YOUR Journal would be fun..... hook it up, bro :cloud9: GOD BLESS.....

Cross posting doesn't preclude a different text or focus for each thread.*

*Just off the top of my head, What's New might focus on the purchase and condition and Pre-Hero Marvel could be more content, history or collection related.