• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Highgradecomics.com upgrade feedback please

63 posts in this topic

From my initial launch I've been making some upgrades along the way to improve the look and feel of the site.

While there have been a overwhelming positive swing in favor of bidding I've gotten a couple of people who have commented that my Bid Now feature is not "auction like". First off, I am not running a auction site, I am running a site where people have commented that they want the ability to "Bid on" or "Make offers" on my inventory. I felt that the "Bid now" feature accomplished that and basically we are in a "Naming convention" spin right now. Also people feel I should leave bids out there like other sites to denote action on a book. I personally don't like "Bids" floating out there and quite frankly I've seen some of my bids hanging around for months long after I've lost interest in that book.

My system will take multiple bids on a book unless full price is bid, then the book is sold to that bidder. Unless the bidder fails to pay that book is immediately off the site, I don't leave it out there "pending sale" so I can impress everybody on what I sold it for. That's what reporting sales to GPAnalysis and the Overstreet Monthly review are for. I also don't list pre-sold books.

In addition I was not too thrilled with the camera icon denoting pictures, I've since gone over to thumbnails but we are still working on the thumbnail scan quality. I've run it by Non collectors who like the new look, how do people feel about it?

Thanks

Bob

1) Wouldn't want to see it bids being left out there.

2) I like that the book is removed after the sale. Don't need to see sale pending

3) the camera icon is fine to me.

Overall, the site is a vast improvement. The procedural system is nice, and ability to bid on books is obviously more like, make me an offer, so that the web is just like a convention almost now... but the fact that there seems like there's a lot more inventory on there now is really the best feature to me.

I have no problem not seeing what others bid on a book. I know what I am willing to spend and that is all that matters to me.

I like the idea of thumbnails but I must admit I had no problem with the camera icon. Either is fine with me.

I definitely like the new layout from a purchase standpoint. Being able to simply click and buy is very nice. Especially since a book is automatically removed once someone buys it. No wondering if you have it in stock or not.

The only thing I can think of that might help improve your site is to denote the page quality of cgc books that do not have scans posted. I realize I could just shoot you an email or call but it might save you some time and effort if that info was already out there.

All in all I like the new layout.

Posting page quality will be a "work in progress" as I get new books in and make it part of my data entry regiment. Conversely I am not sure if I need to post the page quality of books with scans since they can be read off the label.

For me the best part of the new site is the " live " feel it has .

I always thought the old site was out of date too quickly I would never know what was still for sale as updates happened infrequently .

If comics come off the site as soon as they are sold then I am not wasting my time looking at comics no longer available .

PG in the listings will save us time by not having to click to read the PG if e are comparing a few books quickly from the list that we have already looked at.

I hate those tacky generic camera icons too. I like how responsive the site reacts now. keep the updates coming!!

Just a small bug:

I bid on a book.

Someone else popped the BIN on that book.

That book is now showing up MY "Your Bids" page as a "Book You've Won". I didn't win it, someone else did. =)

First, great site!!!!

Suggestions:

1) Camera Icon was fine (I actually prefer) because if you did have lots of scans, it would slow the system down a bit. But either way is acceptable.

2) Really would like you to have an UPDATE DATE in the New Arrival Section like you use to. I also would say (and maybe this happens), if you lower the price of a book, it should be considered NEW and put in the New Arrival Section.

Other than that, thumbsup2.gif

Big improvement overall. I like the instant update on sold books.

Esthetically:

You need work on your logo. Curved type on a path is like......so yesterday!

And compact the home page, using tables. I'm no expert but less scrolling is better.

Those big CGC loogs at the bottom are an eye-sore. You don't need them.

Overall, a BIG JUMP in functionality, and with more and more scans going up, fun to look at.

Red

the look could use some overhaul.

Esthetically:

And compact the home page, using tables. I'm no expert but less scrolling is better.

Overall, a BIG JUMP in functionality, and with more and more scans going up, fun to look at.

Red

Yes. The site is the equivalent of a Ford Pinto wth tinted windows being driven by Jessica Alba. Not much to look at on the outside, but on the inside, wow.

But the lady in a nicer car, Bob. poke2.gif

Esthetically:

Red

Yes. The site is the equivalent of a Ford Pinto wth tinted windows being driven by Jessica Alba. Not much to look at on the outside, but on the inside, wow.

But the lady in a nicer car, Bob. poke2.gif

Esthetically:

Red

I must be getting old. I like the overall look of the site. crazy.gif

I really have not had alot of time to dig around your revamped site. But from what I have seen.. so far it works smoothly.

Although, last week when I was looking through some of your Batman, and Tec books that had the Camera icon listed with them... it took me to a a dead link... I have not been back to see if they load now when clicked on.

And just to be fair..

If Comicsupply.com made a post like this to promote his site.. and ask us to critique his website, he would probably be roasted over the coals for it.

Technically should you not post this type of thing in Marketplace?

Just to be fair.

Personally I really do not have a problem with anyone wanting to talk about, ask for feedback about, or anything to do with promoting their website..or business.

But should this type of thing not be in marketplace?

Not trying to poke a stick at you Bob.. I know posting it in General will probably get more exposure , I am just trying to look at it from both sides.

Hope no offense is taken.

Ze-

I agree with both you and your customers on bids. Keeping them hanging out there for weeks or months isn't a good thing, but showing them to other potential bidders is a good thing. I would recommend displaying bids publically, but if the book isn't sold within a week of the bid, then the bid gets dropped and not displayed to the public anymore.

The thumbnails are a slight improvement over the camera icon.

I really have not had alot of time to dig around your revamped site. But from what I have seen.. so far it works smoothly.

Although, last week when I was looking through some of your Batman, and Tec books that had the Camera icon listed with them... it took me to a a dead link... I have not been back to see if they load now when clicked on.

And just to be fair..

If Comicsupply.com made a post like this to promote his site.. and ask us to critique his website, he would probably be roasted over the coals for it.

Technically should you not post this type of thing in Marketplace?

Just to be fair.

Personally I really do not have a problem with anyone wanting to talk about, ask for feedback about, or anything to do with promoting their website..or business.

But should this type of thing not be in marketplace?

Not trying to poke a stick at you Bob.. I know posting it in General will probably get more exposure , I am just trying to look at it from both sides.

Hope no offense is taken.

Ze-

Because Bob is asking about critiques/functionality rather than advertising a sale AND because he routinely posts on topics having nothing to do with pimping his site, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Not to mention the fact that we have been talking about the functionality of his site in Comics General for about a week or so now, in threads that Bob didn't start.