• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Avengers 57

17 posts in this topic

Hey guys I got this avengers 57 and I'm not too sure about the grade with all the defects I'm giving it a 4.0 but I want to hear what you guys think :)

Problems

Spine stress, tiny hole in the cover, two color breaking creases one near the edge of the right side of the other in between the two clouds where it says the vision and also about a 1cm tear on the cover that goes through all the pages of the comic and slightly rusted staples.

Back cover

Dirty cover, loose piece at the back from the tear in the front cover

Interior Pages

Yellowing pages and 1cm interior tears through out the whole comic

Should I sell this as is or get it dry cleaned pressed and graded?

Thanks in advance :)

Front

Avengers%2057%20front.jpg

Back

Avengers%2057%20back.jpg

Top Staple Pic

Avengers%2057%20top%20staple%20pic.jpg

Bottom Staple Pic

Avengers%2057%20bottom%20staple.jpg

Rusty staples and a tear that looks like it goes through the book. 4.0 to 5.0

His definition of rusty staples and our definition of rusty staples might be a little different. 7.0 might be ambitious but I'm pulling for this kid. Surely no worse than 6.0, no?

do you think it can get a 7.0? and the tears are 1 cm each through every single page of the comic as for the staples they aren't super rusty but the do have some on the edges

His definition of rusty staples and our definition of rusty staples might be a little different. 7.0 might be ambitious but I'm pulling for this kid. Surely no worse than 6.0, no?

do you think it can get a 7.0? and the tears are 1 cm each through every single page of the comic as for the staples they aren't super rusty but the do have some on the edges

I think it has an excellent shot at 6.0. 7.0 might be a stretch. The staples don't worry me nor do the stains in that grade (dirty back cover?). Yeah it has a tear but it's not the end of the world. Structurally pretty sharp. Surely better than any grade with a VG for my money. Worst case 5.5.

. Both defects are heavy deducts from grade. I see zero chance of a 7.0. Still a pretty book and one that I love to buy and sell frequently.

. Both defects are heavy deducts from grade. I see zero chance of a 7.0. Still a pretty book and one that I love to buy and sell frequently.

staple photos are up and don't worry it'll be for sale :grin:

I think it could get 5, maybe a 5.5 on presentation, but the complete tear and other cumulative issues hurt it for me.

I wouldn't bother pressing and cleaning it--I don't think it'd get you a bump.

thanks so then only getting it graded or just sell it as is?

And part of that depends on what it'd cost to slab it, including shipping and invoicing costs. It's easy to end up taking a loss unless you got a really good deal on a book. I try to buy slabbed where I can, if a slab is what I'm after, instead of buying raw and slabbing myself as it's so easy to end up taking a bath if you end up selling a book for some reason. He who slabs first often gets paid last.

And part of that depends on what it'd cost to slab it, including shipping and invoicing costs. It's easy to end up taking a loss unless you got a really good deal on a book. I try to buy slabbed where I can, if a slab is what I'm after, instead of buying raw and slabbing myself as it's so easy to end up taking a bath if you end up selling a book for some reason. He who slabs first often gets paid last.

I never thought of it that way but then again I'm learning a lot :)