• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it normal for dealers/retailers to not ship a comic to you...

76 posts in this topic

Recognizing irony is not your strong suit I take it....
:roflmao:

lol

Those that know me know irony it is one of my strong points. You see, my dear kav, irony is not your spécialité de la maison. Yours is retconning. (tsk)

Hey POV,what the hell is retconning mean?

Well, to quote the Oxford English Dictionary - retcon is a piece of new information that imposes a different interpretation on previously described events, typically used to facilitate a dramatic plot shift or account for an inconsistency.

It is not uncommon in comics. HOS 92, TTA 27 etc.

Like if Batman suddenly found out Robin was a girl and the clues were there all along-bras in the Batcave etc

Or suggesting spending 3K plus would be a reasonable price for a 1974 Sensation 1 reprint. :whistle:

lol

Those that know me know irony it is one of my strong points. You see, my dear kav, irony is not your spécialité de la maison. Yours is retconning. (tsk)

Well, to quote the Oxford English Dictionary - retcon is a piece of new information that imposes a different interpretation on previously described events, typically used to facilitate a dramatic plot shift or account for an inconsistency.

Like if Batman suddenly found out Robin was a girl and the clues were there all along-bras in the Batcave etc

Or suggesting spending 3K plus would be a reasonable price for a 1974 Sensation 1 reprint. :whistle:

no no no I clearly stated that was just a guess. Based on faulty data. (tsk)

Now you're retconning

lol

no no no I clearly stated that was just a guess. Based on faulty data. (tsk)

Now you're retconning

Not on faulty data as much as ignorance of the required info to even make a suggestion. You even admitted you later modified your opinions as the facts emerged. Which is why I chose retconning.

It is fun to post and most posts are harmless. Some posts though? People are actually looking for some serious information. Anyone that knows GA pretty well (as I do) would immediately recognize something was not right with that Sensation 1. Not just do a quick internet search for an average price for one and post it. Just irresponsible.

If an area is not in your wheelhouse and it potentially has a serious impact it is best to not venture an uninformed opinion. Or, as in this thread, as it was immediately brought up that this is not a dealer issue but a customs/importation issue, suggesting going to another dealer was totally out of context.

It is best in these kinds of situations to to just make a Kav comment but not give any advice.

New rule everyone-absolutely no posts that are not researched for at least an hour and guaranteed to be 100% accurate. There will be no exceptions.

Ps no misunderstandings will be tolerated-and since you cannot guarantee you are not misunderstanding something, no more posts will be allowed at all.

The board is officially shut down.

That is all.

New rule everyone-absolutely no posts that are not researched for at least an hour and guaranteed to be 100% accurate. There will be no exceptions.

Many folks here contained in that "everyone" you just addressed have tremendous experience in many areas of collecting and would have no need to try to be a one-hour-expert (which usually results in disaster).

If someone has a serious question that can cause them a loss of some kind, don't give advice unless you have actual experience and actually know what you're talking about.

Many folks here contained in that "everyone" you just addressed have tremendous experience in many areas of collecting and would have no need to try to be a one-hour-expert (which usually results in disaster).

If someone has a serious question that can cause them a loss of some kind, don't give advice unless you have actual experience and actually know what you're talking about.

I retain the right to give out guesses as long as I clearly state it is a guess.

I retain the right to give out guesses as long as I clearly state it is a guess.

Thanks. That says it all.

Yep but he didnt start a Jimmers fan club thread like i did...

He is awesome tho,and you are.I just rebooted the random thread...he was on the originla first page...yes...originla! Haha...so,,are you letting every one in this club?

Are there buttons.

Most important,is OP going to get his comic!?!

For Poverty I will refrain from guessing in the future. He was polite and mature about it not just slinging insults like Hado and Shatroch so I will accede to his wishes.

Insulting people is rarely a good way to bring people around to your point of view. It's a disservice to the boards.

Now you're retconning

Not on faulty data as much as ignorance of the required info to even make a suggestion. You even admitted you later modified your opinions as the facts emerged. Which is why I chose retconning.

It is fun to post and most posts are harmless. Some posts though? People are actually looking for some serious information. Anyone that knows GA pretty well (as I do) would immediately recognize something was not right with that Sensation 1. Not just do a quick internet search for an average price for one and post it. Just irresponsible.

If an area is not in your wheelhouse and it potentially has a serious impact it is best to not venture an uninformed opinion. Or, as in this thread, as it was immediately brought up that this is not a dealer issue but a customs/importation issue, suggesting going to another dealer was totally out of context.

It is best in these kinds of situations to to just make a Kav comment but not give any advice.

This is a very elaborate way to tell Kav that sometimes he should just put a cork in it.

Good luck with that...

(P.S. Thanks for teaching me a new word in "retcon.")