• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman (1939) 1 question

42 posts in this topic

"Give me original any and every day of the week. Don't clean your coins with silver polish, don't stripclean your 18th century furniture, and don't restore your comics. Sure we all want NM 9.4 keys but the 1.5's have magic too and should be priced appropriately to a restored higher grade. 7.0 moderate does not equal a 4.0 original. Maybe not even a 2.0 on the right mega key that was constantly restored since the 1980s onward".

.....................................................................................................................................................................

I think its fair to say all of us would prefer to have non resto keys in our collection. However the reality is there are not enough to go around and the cost is beyond many a working mans budget at this point in our hobby. Now it really comes down to a personal choice for each collector and what they are trying to do in terms of there collection. If your buying for future value non resto high grade keys or even non key is where its at. ( I never met a 9.6 I didn't like) & I venture to say many a collector could do this if they wanted to buy a very limited number of books per year & there is nothing wrong with that. But for me and I suspect a lot of collectors the idea of getting a good looking copy of a book you know you will never be able to purchase is a solid alternative to a non resto rag. It also allows me to have more fun as the thrill is in the hunt for me and I assume its the same for a lot of us. Plus resto books are fast becoming solid investments as more people realize there are just so many Action # 7 around in any condition. Heck AF 15s & Hulk 1 with no covers are starting to hit a few grand! I think there is room for everyone in this great hobby & its just really a very personal thing in terms of how you collect there is no right way to collect. in this day and age. Just keep havin fun & you can't go wong! PS who would have ever thought our hobby is now cool to the rest of the world?

"Give me original any and every day of the week. Don't clean your coins with silver polish, don't stripclean your 18th century furniture, and don't restore your comics. Sure we all want NM 9.4 keys but the 1.5's have magic too and should be priced appropriately to a restored higher grade. 7.0 moderate does not equal a 4.0 original. Maybe not even a 2.0 on the right mega key that was constantly restored since the 1980s onward".

.....................................................................................................................................................................

I think its fair to say all of us would prefer to have non resto keys in our collection. However the reality is there are not enough to go around and the cost is beyond many a working mans budget at this point in our hobby. Now it really comes down to a personal choice for each collector and what they are trying to do in terms of there collection. If your buying for future value non resto high grade keys or even non key is where its at. ( I never met a 9.6 I didn't like) & I venture to say many a collector could do this if they wanted to buy a very limited number of books per year & there is nothing wrong with that. But for me and I suspect a lot of collectors the idea of getting a good looking copy of a book you know you will never be able to purchase is a solid alternative to a non resto rag. It also allows me to have more fun as the thrill is in the hunt for me and I assume its the same for a lot of us. Plus resto books are fast becoming solid investments as more people realize there are just so many Action # 7 around in any condition. Heck AF 15s & Hulk 1 with no covers are starting to hit a few grand! I think there is room for everyone in this great hobby & its just really a very personal thing in terms of how you collect there is no right way to collect. in this day and age. Just keep havin fun & you can't go wong! PS who would have ever thought our hobby is now cool to the rest of the world?

boy, ain't that the truth.