• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Label - "From the Collection of _________"

54 posts in this topic

Not me- I don't want 100's of different 'from the collection of's' in my collection, and I wouldn't want to have to pay to relabel them.

While a neat idea for the private collector, I do wonder if it'd hurt resale value. It would be sort of like the books you see signed to certain individuals.

I'd still love to do it and someone from CGC should chime in on of it is possible. I have some books I'll never sell and the notation would look pretty nice.

A few others come to mind. I have books from 'Don and Maggie Thompson' and 'Al Williamson' collections. There are plenty of Don Rosa collection books too.

Since they're all comic people in one way or another it's kind of cool - though it didn't stop me cracking them out.

Man I hope we can do that now. I would have "From the Oakman29 'Hard Morning Wood' Collection". :cool:

:thumbsup:

A few others come to mind. I have books from 'Don and Maggie Thompson' and 'Al Williamson' collections. There are plenty of Don Rosa collection books too.

Since they're all comic people in one way or another it's kind of cool - though it didn't stop me cracking them out.

Aren't those listed on the right side of the label, like pedigrees, though?

This is an actual notation right under the comic title.

Having your name on the CGC label would be pretty cool, especially from the likes of some of the more notable characters on here.

What if you could designate your own pedigree as well? hm

Anyways, here's one that's a little different.

From the estate of...

smc33_zps92da71fe.jpg

Didn't Jaime Graham do this with his collection?

I don't think they were marked by CGC as such but I do believe that they came with some certificate or something

Not me- I don't want 100's of different 'from the collection of's' in my collection, and I wouldn't want to have to pay to relabel them.

While a neat idea for the private collector, I do wonder if it'd hurt resale value. It would be sort of like the books you see signed to certain individuals.

I'd still love to do it and someone from CGC should chime in on of it is possible. I have some books I'll never sell and the notation would look pretty nice.

I suppose some people may not like it, but I can see where a provenance notation, where a pedigree is not applicable, might be useful.

And cool.

It's kinda like the baby on board signs. It starts off as a good idea, but will eventually be over used to the point it becomes annoying.

I recently saw "Former Baby on Board" and found it amusing. (:

Is it sort of like one step below a Pedigree, from a collection of note per se

(thumbs u ...... a provenance type thing..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

And Phil Kaltenbach (a CGC employee who passed) got the same:

2409130033311.jpg

That would be cool to have this kind of label with my name. Who knows maybe when I'm old and retired... I can watch my collection being auctioned away with my name on the labels.

If CGC can do that with these people, even their own employees ... what is stopping us collectors wanting the same thing? All's fair in all in there. (shrug)

pretty sure 'from the collection of Kav' would go straight in the trash even if it was Action #1