• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free Grader Notes

195 posts in this topic

Anyone experiencing lost notes? I have a 7 book invoice and only 4 books have notes on them.

I am too. Seems I only have notes for anything 9.6 or below on an invoice.

I don't think I've ever seen notes on a 9.8 ...

Anyone experiencing lost notes? I have a 7 book invoice and only 4 books have notes on them.
Yes. On books I would expect (non-9.6-9.8) to have notes. No rhyme or reason. I haven't tried plugging in the cert # and seeing whether it lets me try to buy notes or not.

I am only seeing notes on some books, inconsistent as to grade.

Maybe some of the notes they preferred to keep hidden, like

"Joe Grisolia dresses funny"

and the like.

I did once. It said, "Awesome book, dude!"

I've got one.

and the like.

My 9.6's and 9.8's (some Byrne FFs I submitted) are not showing notes. Other grades are. Heck, at least 9.6 should note whatever defect(s) prevented a higher grade.

and the like.

If you mean wearing a suit to a comic convention, I would have to agree.

I'm sure Mike or Joey would be nice enough to provide grader notes if you ask nicely....

If you subbed through them, that is.

I wouldn't ask them, too. When I was submitting value tier through Mike, I'd do 20 books at a time. And those grader notes only appear as tooltip popups, no decent way to capture them. That's too much to ask of them when you consider how many books they're moving through monthly.

Anyone get this to work? I've searched five invoices dating back to 6/13 and it shows "details not yet available".

It's not working for me yet. There are a couple books on invoices from 2013 and 2014 that I have no idea what caused them to receive the grade they did. :wishluck: it updates soon.

Out of something like 120 books, none of the 9.6s and 9.8s have notes for me. The majority of 9.4 and below do although there are a few 9.4s that don't. All Modern tier, although the vast majority are '75-'95 books and not "moderns". So my guess is no notes for 9.6 and 9.8 if submitted under Modern tier.

Out of something like 120 books, none of the 9.6s and 9.8s have notes for me. The majority of 9.4 and below do although there are a few 9.4s that don't. All Modern tier, although the vast majority are '75-'95 books and not "moderns". So my guess is no notes for 9.6 and 9.8 if submitted under Modern tier.

I have several modern invoices that now have notes on 9.6s - there's no hard & fast rule, it's all dependent on the defects.

I've seen notes on books but it's going to depend on the book.

and the like.

Yup, me too. Some notes are there and others are not.

Might be that some books have no notes available and therefore no links are provided.

None of my books from my last submission (9.6 x 4, 9.8 x 1) have notes. It would be nice, since I would love to see what kept my Batman 497 I thought was flawless from getting a 9.8.

Why not a simple "see something, say something" policy?

Seems like a goofy "see something, say something maybe next time depending not now" may turn a free service-enhancement into empty clickbait for some and not others.