• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Fantastic four 45 & 46 (help, my dog ate my comic book!!)

19 posts in this topic

0.5, 4.0

0.5? The book is still complete. Maybe the whole story is affected slightly. Probably it is beyond Fair 1.0.

I was thinking about a 1.8 conservatively, but some people are saying upwards of 2.5.. I'm wondering if this kind of defect could be a qualified grade - maybe if the rest of the book was better (shrug)

Even without the chunk gone the book would be a max 4.0 ish. I would say no higher than a 1.5

Ya I don't think the book would max highly without that damage, it would be interesting to see VF+ book with it though. 1.5 is a little low, I don't think this is a fair.

All the pages are missing, even if the story is little affected (but it seems somewhat affected) I would have an hard time going higher than a 1.5.

Why? It is still complete and readable.

I would love to see a comparable book if you know of one.

edit: I bought it on the boards(yes, the title was just a joke!) as a 1.8, so I'm just wondering if there's an actual difference, other than semantics, between a 1.5 and a 2.0.

A 2.0 to me would indicate the book is complete except for a missing piece on the cover or back (maybe 1/2" square).

1.5 would be something that has pieces missing throughout the book or pieces that effect the art. This def falls into the 1.5 or lower grade IMO just too much of it missing.

A 2.0 to me would indicate the book is complete except for a missing piece on the cover or back (maybe 1/2" square).

1.5 would be something that has pieces missing throughout the book or pieces that effect the art. This def falls into the 1.5 or lower grade IMO just too much of it missing.

(thumbs u

I'd say 1.0 on the FF #45, and I bet CGC would too. Just way too much 'real estate' missing to consider 2.0 or higher. The book's basic structural integrity is significantly affected.

FF #46, probably a strict 3.0 (big stains, creases) though it certainly presents nicer.

All the pages are missing, even if the story is little affected (but it seems somewhat affected) I would have an hard time going higher than a 1.5.

Why? It is still complete and readable.

I would love to see a comparable book if you know of one.

edit: I bought it on the boards(yes, the title was just a joke!) as a 1.8, so I'm just wondering if there's an actual difference, other than semantics, between a 1.5 and a 2.0.

I just went by my own expectations here: to me, a GD-/GD book must be complete, it might be missing some pieces from front and back cover, but not pieces of the whole book, also partly affecting art which make the thing worse.

I honestly would not care what CGC would grade it, as I would not buy such a book as a GD- (1.8). :shrug:

As an example, here it is a GD- I purchased on October's sales thread recently, which he graded as such and I agree with (has also a piece missing from back cover, but not from inside pages):

od89Nhph.jpg