• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fingerprints on graders notes....

53 posts in this topic

I've quite a few books in with CGC right now.

Though they have not been marked shipped yet (so no grades) they are marked graded and I can see the graders notes.

I was calling since 2006 getting graders notes and I never once personally heard "fingerprints" mentioned.

Right now though, I have 7 books in with them that have "fingerprints" written in the notes with various places they are on each book.

What the heck - have my books all been groped and fondeled?!?!

What's odd is each book listed is about as different from the other as can be. Different sellers, Genres, Ages, Presumed grades.

I don't recall personally having any one night stands with any of these books prior to shipping. (shrug)

Btw, CGC I'm grateful for you guys having free grader once again. :foryou:

I had a few with fingerprint notations as well. Perhaps it's a new thing for them to note. Until I can see the grades associated with graders notes that have fingerprints, I can't tell if they are downgrading much for them and much like you, my books haven't shipped yet so I can't see grades.

What type of books are getting this though ? Silver age books would not retain fingerprints in the same way that modern slick covers would.

I don't know what to think it seems CGC is changing things as the go along which in some cases is good others its bad. Honestly the should have mapped out the criteria a long time ago and stuck to it. Say what you want about Overstreet but they are consistant.

I am still flustered that so many of my pressed submissions have bends and dents in the graders notes.

I am still flustered that I can send in multiple copies of the same book, with all copies identical, and receive different grades.

-slym

I don't know what to think it seems CGC is changing things as the go along which in some cases is good others its bad. Honestly the should have mapped out the criteria a long time ago and stuck to it. Say what you want about Overstreet but they are consistant.

???

???

I guess he's assuming that fingerprints affecting grades is a new thing. The transparency will certainly help us understand some of CGC's thinking. Are you on vacation?

???

I guess he's assuming that fingerprints affecting grades is a new thing. The transparency will certainly help us understand some of CGC's thinking. Are you on vacation?

I have a couple of SS Bone books from 3-4 years ago that got knocked down due to fingerprints - I've also seen it happen to various black-cover indies (Crow #1s, Next Men #21s, etc) over the years. I guess I'm puzzled as to why he thinks this is a sudden change for CGC :shrug:

No vacation for me this year - heading to Israel on Thursday.