• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official New Warriors Club - Heroes for the 90's--!

48 posts in this topic

Someone need to start one so I'm going to do et!

This hit the comic rack in June 1990 and just took off! The original series was so successful that Marvel constantly tries to reboot the title without much luck. Somehow the magic was all wrapped up in Mark Bagley Art and Fabian Nicieza stories.

Post your books to get the fans drooling true believers!

These were fun books.

Man...can't believe this was 25 years ago.

New Warriors, Darkhawk, McSpidey.

And I loved NIght Thrasher v. Punisher. Was that # 7- 9?

Yup, He shows up towards the end of 7, they have a fight in 8 and wrap it up in 9.

$_57.JPG

What do you guys consider really the book to own/First Appearances...

#411 or #412?

Sort of a Hulk #180 vs. Hulk #181 discussion I guess, but I am curious. I know the responses will be #411 is a cameo and #415 is first full. meh But which is the book New Warriors fans will want to own down the road? (shrug)

I have always considered Thor #411 to be the 1st appearance of The New Warriors. All the other team members were characters who had their 1st appearance elsewhere besides Night Thrasher. His 1st appearance was the same 1st appearance as the New Warriors. So Thor #411.

Wikipedia agrees with this theory.

However, in this new day and age of cameo's being 1st appearances and 1st appearances being 2nd appearances, ect.. I'll leave it up to the market to ultimately decided.

(thumbs u

I just think Night Trasher is a cool character and I want his first appearance.

Which book do I want?

You want this one: :grin:

ltXq8C.jpg

Or, this one: :grin::grin:

PMsvKO.jpg

Oh Man, it has happened. Someone started a New Warriors Thread! I started one a few years ago and people laughed at me!

I never liked them much, even less in hindsight, but I will not laugh. I just believe they should not have altered so much characters like Nova and Namorita (especially Nova). Nicieza did not seem to have a firm grasp on the Marvel age, but I understand they may have represented an exciting title for those which were kids at the time.