• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess where my avatar came from...and WIN!

66 posts in this topic

Nikos61's grading contest has made me think of another interesting little challenge... If you can determine where my avatar came from, I'll send you a copy of the issue I borrowed it from and a Best Buy card worth $30.00 dollars I'll likely never use. Bear in mind the issue isn't slabbed and is vg at best. No strings attached I promise, just something fun for people who've been collecting silver for a long time like me...that was a hint too, obviously. He/She who replies in a post correctly first wins...(I'll PM you)

Nikos61's grading contest has made me think of another interesting little challenge... If you can determine where my avatar came from, I'll send you a copy of the issue I borrowed it from and a Best Buy card worth $30.00 dollars I'll likely never use. Bear in mind the issue isn't slabbed and is vg at best. No strings attached I promise, just something fun for people who've been collecting silver for a long time like me...that was a hint too, obviously. He/She who replies in a post correctly first wins...(I'll PM you)

What's an Avatar? I know I can win this contest!

I thought that was the picture that goes along with our username that's on every post...board members, am I in error?

You're absolutely correct... and your avatar is SO FAMILIAR THAT IT IS MAKING ME CRAZY.

gossip.gif

I do love the ubiquitous 68 fury series and still need cursed issues 9 and 13 in 9.4 or better {baklo, I hate you (not really, of course) for getting that 9.8 #9 from comic link before I -or Shield Agent- even saw it!], but I can say with certainty that marie severin nor nick fury are involved in my avatar...john severin is closer though, sort of...

nah i was just kiddin anyways...i was trying to think which Fury character it might be, since it really don't look like none of them. but you seem to big a big fan so i thought i'd give it a shot.

not to mention it doesn't look like marie severin's style...i can't say whose style it does look like though...unfortunately

it's actually a long-lost minor character from LOST; Sandwich-Eater Lad!

i think he died in like '72 when forced to eat a sandwich made out of Chameleon Boy's first pet Proto or something

My wife thinks the Best Buy card isn't a 'good enough' prize, she said "Why don't you include the cgc'd one you've got." Even though I looked at her with the "You gotta be kiddin' me" look and then explained the importance of the issue to my youth, I reflected for a minute and thought how cool it is to have a wife who is so supportive of my "funny book" hobby.

I'll also include a $20.00 Panera card [trendy bakery/cafe concept (>700 bakery/cafes nationwide)] if you can find the answer. Canadians, no Paneras in your country yet...I"ll think of something else if you win and you're from Canada.