• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Book offered to me: Is this book trimmed as well? Please help. Thanks

13 posts in this topic

UPDATE - Owner claims he is the original owner and that if it was trimmed it should've been done by the manufacturer (said sarcastically). He claims he owned this book since its release and no trimming or restoration was done.

==============================================================

Hi,

I looked closely at this book from the front to the back of the front page and I am really torn. From the front it looks like it was trimmed but from the inside of the front it doesn't look it.

Other party claims it as unrestored and no trimming.

I showed the pics to some friends here and half say yes then half said no.

Maybe someone can help me here.

After the FF 45 debacle, I would gladly appreciate help here as well.

Thanks

I have 45 year old eyes and prefer a book in hand but...That back pic looks shaky. Looks a little wavy. But I make that determination without it hand, and sometimes pics play tricks.

Thanks...

Any other opinions?

If you have a magnifying loupe handy, you can look at all 3 edges of the book. if you see little paper fibers sticking out all around, then it is not trimmed. If there isn't any and everything is straight, then it may have been trimmed.

Maybe it's me, but I can't tell one way or the other on this book or on the other FF you posted. The photos have distortion and are not real crisp. I think we'd need large hi-res scans to even make a good guess.

Poor trimming can be spotted in a photo, expert trimming is tough to spot even in hand.

Thanks for the feedback...so do u think this book was trimmed?

I'm with Point Five, I can't tell from the pictures, but if I was a all doubtful about the book or the seller, I'd avoid.

Maybe it's me, but I can't tell one way or the other on this book or on the other FF you posted. The photos have distortion and are not real crisp. I think we'd need large hi-res scans to even make a good guess.

+1

Unless they have done a hack job of the trim it is very difficult to determine even form high res scans. Heck even cgc get trimming incorrect occasionally and fail to label a trimmed book, or label a book that is not trimmed trimmed.

Is the edge paper the same shade on all sides or is top lighter than other edges?