• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Age of Ultron getting Bad Reviews

64 posts in this topic

meh

I avoid reviews. How can someone else influence me on what I will or will not like? There are great movies I don't like and bad movies that I do like. Everyone should take movie reviews with a grain of salt.

Exactly. I hate reading reviews too. Or listening to people give me their reviews. The last time I went to the cinema with a bunch of co-workers was to see Star Trek: Into Darkness, I loved the movie, but then as we left the cinema I had to listen to various co-workers tell me that the film I just watched, and loved, was not very good, and here are their reasons why... :eyeroll: That was the last time I've gone to the cinema with a group of people. Ugh.

So what your saying is no one should give you their opinion if it clashes with yours?

That's the beauty of opinions! If we all liked the same stuff the world would be a boring place.

Some people just love being negative.

meh

I avoid reviews. How can someone else influence me on what I will or will not like? There are great movies I don't like and bad movies that I do like. Everyone should take movie reviews with a grain of salt.

Exactly. I hate reading reviews too. Or listening to people give me their reviews. The last time I went to the cinema with a bunch of co-workers was to see Star Trek: Into Darkness, I loved the movie, but then as we left the cinema I had to listen to various co-workers tell me that the film I just watched, and loved, was not very good, and here are their reasons why... :eyeroll: That was the last time I've gone to the cinema with a group of people. Ugh.

So what your saying is no one should give you their opinion if it clashes with yours?

That's the beauty of opinions! If we all liked the same stuff the world would be a boring place.

No they don't. ;)

meh

No they don't. ;)

Yes they do.

The New York Post gave it a pretty middling two star review Wednesday. I wasn't too worried. Like Chris said earlier, I also grew up watching Marvel funnybook efforts of the late 70's/early 80's. Also, if you can remember Condorman or Superfuzz, you were there. (thumbs u

the RT score is 20 points lower than the first movie but the Metacritic score is only two points lower. the top critics didn't love the first one either, it's the "other" guys that don't think one is that good. again, none of this will matter to the # Disney is concerned with; the box office $'s.

The New York Post gave it a pretty middling two star review Wednesday. I wasn't too worried. Like Chris said earlier, I also grew up watching Marvel funnybook efforts of the late 70's/early 80's. Also, if you can remember Condorman or Superfuzz, you were there. (thumbs u

Superfuzz! I love that movie!!

:headbang:

It would be hard to top Avengers #1 from a tight story perspective with everything they crammed into the sequel. I will take the kids, but it sounds like this will be a one viewing only flick.

Condorman was my first comic book that I read in the hospital at age 10. I had viral meningitis. I will never forget it.

Don't care taking my son for an afternoon with him. At 14 it will probably my last year that I will get to spend time with him before its uncool.

Avengers and Star Wars will be good movies to go out on.

I remember being 14 when Star Wars Episode III came out and went to see it with my dad. Got some "uncool" reactions from a few friends. Last movie I saw for a while with him. Then I turned 17 and just didn't care anymore. Saw plenty of movies with him after that. It's a shame hanging out with parents is "uncool" at these ages. I look back at those times as some of the most memorable.

I`m a big sports fan, and most people think the NYPOST is a junk rag.

No one takes them serious when it comes talking about sports, so I wouldn`t use them as a barometer for movies as well.

:)

Why do people care what critics have to say about any movie. I decide if I want to see said movie the only opinion that matters to me is mine. Superhero's, stadium seating and killer surround sound what more could you ask for. the perfect popcorn movie. I'm not going to the movie based on it winning an Oscar or something