• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SURVIVOR SERIES: Weird War Tales- Round 4

Weird War Tales Survivor Series Round 4  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Weird War Tales Survivor Series Round 4

22 posts in this topic

Ladies and Gents, let's have a round of applause for our top 30.

:applause:

This round, we will be voting off our 20 least favorite covers from the list provided. There were a total of 124 covers to start from.

Remember, we are voting for the ones that we do not like. Well, our "least favorite", as I mentioned before.

These rounds will last 24 hours each. We'll vote off 34 in round 1, 30 in round 2, 30 in round 3, 20 in round 4, 5 in round 5, 2 in round 6, and then pluck off one per round until we have our champion.

Even if you're not a fan of this particular genre (war/horror), you can still join in on the fun. (thumbs u I really hope everyone can participate. :wishluck:

Chit chat is welcomed and encouraged, so please express your thoughts as the rounds progress.

I know this is a lot of books to look at and vote off, so I thank you in advance for your participation.

:news: Tip: Some folks have two windows open when voting, one to look at the pretty pictures and one to click the checkboxes on the poll. If you hover your mouse over the pictures, you'll be able to see the name of the book.

Thanks everyone, now to the books.....

wwt1_zps4nideq17.jpgwwt2_zpsyjzt7rdf.jpgwwt3_zpsgw0y51ai.jpg

wwt4_zpsxzjfbipa.jpgwwt5_zpssbehtdji.jpgwwt6_zpsnygt1exx.jpg

wwt7_zpscjmizoco.jpgwwt9_zpsqo4qbrxp.jpgwwt10_zpsxwxbj2oj.jpg

wwt13_zpsmj2rbubi.jpgwwt14_zps1x8nlfep.jpgwwt15_zpsikirbpzc.jpg

wwt16_zpsfvl7swvz.jpgwwt17_zpspgy0osv7.jpgwwt18_zpsnzanbklg.jpg

wwt21_zpscf986lf6.jpgwwt22_zps81li7unw.jpgwwt24_zpsn492ikq7.jpg

wwt25_zpsbnhfoeyu.jpgwwt26_zps8hfdpo52.jpgwwt27_zpsfequrkps.jpg

wwt29_zpskmq6fv4s.jpgwwt30_zps1ptvjvn2.jpgwwt31_zpsmvwin44t.jpg

wwt38_zpsarmi2fmh.jpgwwt42_zpslshnuwmb.jpgwwt46_zpsjiyemr12.jpg

wwt52_zpsfafq8yck.jpgwwt70_zpsjbaysbhh.jpgwwt80_zpsq67td016.jpg

tough call, I voted and looked and voted and looked....I'm happy with my choices but in seeing the totals, some of my favorites are gonna be gone.

Try as I might, I couldn't pick 20. I stopped at 16.

Me too.12 is all I could muster. :pullhair:

So, you guys are ok letting the rest of us do all the dirty work? (tsk)

Yes. :sorry:

Because you didn't pick 20, #1 will be leaving us after this round. You understand that, right?

Because you didn't pick 20, #1 will be leaving us after this round. You understand that, right?

:bump: Just checked the results and my statement is looking to be proven true. :(

:bump: Just checked the results and my statement is looking to be proven true. :(

Most of the polls here have you pick your least favorite. Personally, it would have been easier for me to vote for my 20 favorite. That way I know I picked the ones I felt should stay on to the next round.

Besides, how do you know the non-votes help vote off #1? Apparently, there were enough that voted it off. Who's to say that those that didn't vote the full 20 would have voted for #1? I like it, but I can only speak for me.

Most of the polls here have you pick your least favorite. Personally, it would have been easier for me to vote for my 20 favorite. That way I know I picked the ones I felt should stay on to the next round.

Besides, how do you know the non-votes help vote off #1? Apparently, there were enough that voted it off. Who's to say that those that didn't vote the full 20 would have voted for #1? I like it, but I can only speak for me.

My thinking on this, and maybe it's flawed, is that Oak voted for 12 books instead of 20 books. That's 8 more that he could have put votes against other ones. Because those other ones didn't have those votes, that could be the determining factor in them staying around to see another day. If Oak did vote for those other 8 books, that could have pushed them just high enough to be voted off, with his favourite cover remaining. :o

That's a damn shame. meh