• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Young Avengers #1: Opinions? <spoilers>

11 posts in this topic

Ok, I was ready to slam this book into the ground and ridicule Marvel like never before, but then I gave it a read...

... and its not bad! Good pace, loved the JJJ moment discussing Bucky, Cap & Iron Man trying to get to the bottom of things, and the Kang link. The book treats Avengers history respectfully and the artwork is top notch (Jimmy Chueng).

Some areas of concern are the kids just walking off after their mission (no one would notice a Hulking walking down the street?), and those terrible names.

All in all not bad, I will continue to pick up this first arc and see where it goes. thumbsup2.gif

Ok, I was ready to slam this book into the ground and ridicule Marvel like never before, but then I gave it a read...

... and its not bad! Good pace, loved the JJJ moment discussing Bucky, Cap & Iron Man trying to get to the bottom of things, and the Kang link. The book treats Avengers history respectfully and the artwork is top notch (Jimmy Chueng).

Some areas of concern are the kids just walking off after their mission (no one would notice a Hulking walking down the street?), and those terrible names.

All in all not bad, I will continue to pick up this first arc and see where it goes. thumbsup2.gif

Same here, I wondered why I bought it 'cause it was going to suk...but I was pleasantly surprised as stated above. And I think that the names might be bad on purpose, being where they are from, they might have thought they chose "cool" names. I just wondered how the casual witness could determine that Iron Lad's armor "is more advanced than Iron Man's"? confused-smiley-013.gif

All in all not a bad first issue! thumbsup2.gif

I wish I could comment but my LCS doesn't have any copies left. frown.gif

Wow! That fast, eh? My LCS ordered a ton of them, and placed them under A for Avengers and Y for Young Avengers. Easy to find smile.gifthumbsup2.gif

If bendis get shis hands on them you thing they will file it under T for toilet paper?

Book was decent...if I was a 16 year-old fanboy, I'd probably called it great!!!!!

But as a cranky old geezer I'll say "I certainly have read worse books" and many of those in the past year.

The "K" word(no direct spoiler) will keep we around for at least one more issue.