• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Secret Wars: Which Titles You Picking Up?

166 posts in this topic

0 titles for me its all basic garbage IMO.

I am picking Secret Wars alone. When I will have read #0, 1 and 2 (still on my way: I am in Italy… :shrug: ) I will decide.

I am in the same boat. SW the main series hasn't impressed me enough to want to pick up any new titles. Its starting to look like Superman 204 currently. A lot of hype with little pay off.

Flipped thru Planet Hulk this weekend and I was super disappointed.

Patrick

I read Battleworld 1 and wasn't all that impressed either.

I think you've gotta cherry pick by creative teams. Bendis is writing a lot of the books.

I think that's marvels problem, right there, they are relaying on Bendis too much. I think Bendis is handling way too many books, that his story quality is just going down the drain.......

Bendis was great when he was doing only ultimate spidey, back in the days........

Flipped thru Planet Hulk this weekend and I was super disappointed.

Patrick

I read Battleworld 1 and wasn't all that impressed either.

I think you've gotta cherry pick by creative teams. Bendis is writing a lot of the books.

I think that's marvels problem, right there, they are relaying on Bendis too much. I think Bendis is handling way too many books, that his story quality is just going down the drain.......

Bendis was great when he was doing only ultimate spidey, back in the days........

Well Bendis is off Ultimate Spidey now, and I'm going to assume we'll have a new captain of the X-Books post SW.

If they're smart they launch a new "Defenders" series with the Netflix team, and let him do his MAX magic.

I'm not into all these CRISIS OF THE SEASON stories.

The only books I plan on picking up are the blanks so that I can get art from the artists that made those titles memorable (i.e. Mike Zeck - SECRET WARS #1 Blank, Steve McNiven - OLD MAN LOGAN #1 Blank and George Perez - INFINITY GAUNTLET #1 Blank)