• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Secret Wars: Which Titles You Picking Up?

166 posts in this topic

Yeah never read any Ultimates stuff and I'm following along fine. Can't wait for Reed to find out what's going on!!

He does in secret wars 3....doesn't look pleased and on the verge of a mental breakdown.

So is this just earths that are affected or entire universes....would like to see Galactus pay a visit

This is one time that if it doesnt work they may never be able to fix it.

News today basically says there will be a new Hulk but Banner will still be around at least he will be. The new Wolverine isn't the 616 Wolverine so how can you still call him that. This isn't going to sell more comic books its going to splinter the generational love of comics being based down.

I'm out Marvel thanks for all the great back issues cause this stuff is spoon.

Did you feel the same way every time DC rebooted their universe? If they create a way to bring in new readers- only time will tell- and then tell good stories, how can Secret Wars be a bad thing?

As others have said, I was surprised how much I enjoyed issues 1 and 2.

Umm basically because its been done before, doesn't make the characters any more interesting just changes their demographics for a while, and complicates the current and future reader trying to keep up with the all-new Marvel Now - All Different Thor, Wolverine, Thor Corps, Uncanny X-men (Opps Uncanny Inhumans or was it Uncanny Avengers or wait which Avergers the all female group, the young ones or the new line up. See even I'm confused imagine the new reader jumping on board would feel.

Yep.

Nothing wrong with bringing in a slew of new characters. Big time idiocy to bring in a slew of new characters into decades-long established character roles.

I'm mostly just reading the X-titles from it. And the main book.

Secret Wars

Old Man Logan

Inferno

Years of Future Past

X-Men 92

X-Tinction Agenda

Age of Apocalypse

E is for Extinction

But I also am checking out

Runaways

A-Force

Renew Your Vows

Siege

And of course the entirely unrelated

Deadpool's Secret Secret Wars

Actually enjoyed the Deadpool book. Cracked me up when he was worried about his suit getting damaged and yelled that it's not like there are costume-creating devices just lying around.

Infinity Gauntlet was not my jam. Felt like a Nova-only book. I'll look at #2 and make a decision.

Secret Wars #2 was better than the 1st.

Patrick

Reading a few more titles.

"Marvel Zombies" out in a few hours so I can talk about it, as well as "Mrs. Deadpool and the Howling Commando's".

Attilan Rising #2 will have Ms. Marvel.

Ultimate End #2 has the 1st (headless in the very corner of a panel) Cameo of Throot! (Groot of the Thors)

Tired, will see what else in the A.M.

Thors 1:25 Variant with Keown Throg! AWESOME. Story isn't bad either, Ultimate Thor and Beta Ray Bill!

I understood Old Man Logan #2 just fine, he was able to climb the wall of the Shield. Nobody is supposed to, and I believe that is our 616 X-Men he meets, but he thinks it is the people he got killed in Old Man Logan vol. 1. pretty easy to grasp.

Mrs. Deadpool and the Howling Commandos, Deadpool does a great intro to his Wife's Secret Wars debut. He has had a rough month though, and is covered in the book.

Guardians of Knowhere and Korvac are my must reads that I am waiting for.

so is there a serious Deadpool in secret wars or is it just comedy shtick....is Deadpool in the Marvel continuity or just like Not Brand Echh.

I think it's the art of Old Man Logan that has me confused, hard to tell what's happening.

I don't with the series. I read 3 last night and really didn't show me enough to keep paying that price for book that is just dragging I out.

You mean the Hickman way?

And while I agree there is a bit of a drag to the book, I really am enjoying it. I thought 3 was pretty solid and I can't wait to see where it goes. Now my big worry is we won't get any action in 4. We had some pretty big revelations and some explanations in the issue.

Anyone read issue 4? I really liked it and it was one of the better reads in a while. I know people are ting all over the event, but the main title has been pretty solid.

I really enjoyed the little God exchange between Thanos and Doom. It made me chuckle.

Yes issue 4 was a make or break issue for me and I will keep buying the title. Finally some action and some sort of a plot.

Secret Wars #4 was one of the greatest Victor Von Doom stories of all time.

Epic.

Marvel actually hired a top talent to put mechanism to their reboot.

Yes issue 4 was a make or break issue for me and I will keep buying the title. Finally some action and some sort of a plot.

Secret Wars #4 was one of the greatest Victor Von Doom stories of all time.

Epic.

Marvel actually hired a top talent to put mechanism to their reboot.

What do you mean by the last comment? Hasn't every event from the big two featured pretty top talent? Johns? Bends? Millar? etc...

I've never been a huge Hickman fan. He always spends too long world building. I'm glad something happened in issue 4 that made me interested.

It also feels like Fantastic Four are going to be major players (if they aren't already) in this event. Odd they wouldn't have a title following.