• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Fantastic Four 45 being "artificially and fictitiously" inflated?

12 posts in this topic

I have been reading about the Thread about an impending crash or what not and it reminded me of what I noticed lately with FF 45.

I have a copy myself I owned for a long time (and have no plans of selling)

But the prices on ebay have been crazy for "High Grade" raws.

I already noticed a $2200 and a $1500 HG raws and when I checked the bidding activity, it has been bid up by a (6) feedback buyer and whatever his original high feedback account.

I messaged both sellers and like I thought they were both won by non paying bidders. One of them already relisted the book even and both offered 2nd chance offers to the next highest bidder but as expected, both declined.

Now to get my guess to the test, I followed tonight's HG FF 45 raw again and low and behold it has been won by a (0) feedback account for $2,750?!?

Now I am asking myself is this being shilled to death for "inflation manipulation"?

or is this another sign of the impending 2nd crash?

It has a great cover and is part of a fun storyline. Not only are the Inhumans being revealed one by one but poor Stan Lee is in an epic struggle to figure out exactly what Jack Kirby is doing.

Is it as important as speculators would want you to believe? Probably not if based upon its comparative contribution to the mythos but the real and fictional market really wants it to be important. Movie hype makes the words and art better.

Is it as important as speculators would want you to believe? Probably not if based upon its comparative contribution to the mythos but the real and fictional market really wants it to be important. Movie hype makes the words and art better.

You worded my thoughts perfectly! lol

I feel bad to the speculators who will be sucked in this "inflated" fictional market

I don't think this has anything to do with a crash, but it is someone driving the price up. This book could end up being a true key, if and when the inhumans get an animated series following their 2 or 3 probable movies. I do see this book as undervalued currently. Eventually if marvel trades the word mutants for inhumans for good, then you will start seeing $500 paid for 3.0s.

I don't think this has anything to do with a crash, but it is someone driving the price up. This book could end up being a true key, if and when the inhumans get an animated series following their 2 or 3 probable movies. I do see this book as undervalued currently. Eventually if marvel trades the word mutants for inhumans for good, then you will start seeing $500 paid for 3.0s.

I can say it is undervalued but not to the extent of its sudden climb (3x-4x) its prices just less than 6 months ago.. Price manipulation is at an all time high right now for this book

It has a great cover and is part of a fun storyline. Not only are the Inhumans being revealed one by one but poor Stan Lee is in an epic struggle to figure out exactly what Jack Kirby is doing.

:roflmao: I laughed out loud when I read that because that's exactly as I picture it.

FF 35-66, the apex of the silver age :cloud9: . FF 67-102, pretty darn good as well (thumbs u