• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SURVIVOR SERIES: Weird War Tales- Round 6

Weird War Tales Survivor Series Round 6  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Weird War Tales Survivor Series Round 6

14 posts in this topic

Amazingly, the 5 that I voted off last round, all left us. Now, with Round 6, it is crunch time. Please help determine our top 3. (thumbs u

This round, we will be voting off our 2 least favorite covers from the list provided. There were a total of 124 covers to start from.

Remember, we are voting for the ones that we do not like. Well, our "least favorite", as I mentioned before.

These rounds will last 24 hours each. We'll vote off 34 in round 1, 30 in round 2, 30 in round 3, 20 in round 4, 5 in round 5, 2 in round 6, and then pluck off one per round until we have our champion.

Even if you're not a fan of this particular genre (war/horror), you can still join in on the fun. (thumbs u I really hope everyone can participate. :wishluck:

Chit chat is welcomed and encouraged, so please express your thoughts as the rounds progress.

I know this is a lot of books to look at and vote off, so I thank you in advance for your participation.

:news: Tip: Some folks have two windows open when voting, one to look at the pretty pictures and one to click the checkboxes on the poll. If you hover your mouse over the pictures, you'll be able to see the name of the book.

Thanks everyone, now to the books.....

wwt14_zps1x8nlfep.jpgwwt15_zpsikirbpzc.jpg

wwt18_zpsnzanbklg.jpgwwt24_zpsn492ikq7.jpg

wwt42_zpslshnuwmb.jpg

I know the covers are supposed to tell an obvious story but here is my take on each issue ......

#14 USAF paratrooper en route but doomed

#15 first world war soldiers during rare aerial bombardment while the clouds

form a death skull

#18 WWll US soldier cannot stop death dressed in a WWl uniform possessing an unstoppable bayonet

#24 pov of the last milliseconds of man peering into a well concealed Nazi machine gun nest? (this one is hard for me to fully discern)

#42 WWll US fighter plane being claimed by death from a WWl bi-plane

anyone have a different interpretation of any of these last five great covers?

I know the covers are supposed to tell an obvious story but here is my take on each issue ......

form a death skull

#18 WWll US soldier cannot stop death dressed in a WWl uniform possessing an unstoppable bayonet

#24 pov of the last milliseconds of man peering into a well concealed Nazi machine gun nest? (this one is hard for me to fully discern)

No, I pretty much agree with your take on these, but I'm not really clear on #42. I've never gotten the sense the crew of the WW2 plane was in imminent danger (beyond the obvious threat trailing them) despite being depicted as skeletons. (shrug)

It's also Interesting to me that #18 had only 4 votes through the first three rounds, but has been on the cusp of elimination in rounds 4 & 5, and is now facing elimination in round 6. I'm wondering if #18 isn't really the "consensus" top favorite, though not the number one cover pick for the series?

form a death skull

At second glance I have revised my interpretation of issue #14 (death paratroopers cover)

since the USAF plane is a ghost plane it must be the fortunes of war delivering death to the enemy in the form of paratroopers, the skull faced soldiers in this series usually represent death to the opponent